Hondo's Bar

Fitocracy

The NZA

Tomorrow will be a year since I joined Fitocracy. I had a 2-3 month hiatus when my life went into a shit storm but now I am back and almost to level 27 :)

This is what we did this morning...and yes, it sucked. I had to do singles instead of DUBS, I step up on the shorter box until the doctor gives me the ok to start jumping on my bad knee again, and I used the 10lb wall ball, but everything else I did the Rx weight.

In my workout delerium, I didn't realize I skipped the fucking back extensions...oh well.

50 BOX JUMPS (24/20)

50 JUMPING PULLUPS http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/jumping-pull-ups.wmv

50 KETTLEBELL SWINGS (35/15)

50 STEPS WALKING LUNGE

50 KNEES0-TO-ELBOWS

50 PUSH PRESS (45/25)

50 BACK EXTENSIONS

50 WALL BALLS (20/16)

50 BURPEES

50 DOUBLE UNDERS

Finished in under 28 minutes.

Edited by Master Star

Nah, its just a one time quest, but the workout itself is what I've been repeating. Need to find more bare bones quests that don't require me to have fancy shmancy device like that P90x y'all have been on about.

We have a weight room at our complex, but we need the code so until that riddle is solved, its squats and crunches.

You can pick up a set of dumbbells for cheap in any sports store and there's hundreds of things you can do with them. I currently have these ghetto hand-me-down ones I got from my dad. There's an odd number of one of the weight.... disc...things though so they're off balance. Might invest a proper set soon.

Axels, there is so much you can do with just bodyweight. Parks have pull up bars and different stuff sometimes. Jumping rope is great cardio too. You can do lunges, planks, burpees, roman twist, variations of situps (butterfly, wideleg, straight leg), leg lifts, wall sits, handstands. Mix it up!

With my weird postural problems I get all sorts of guff from most exercises. I get clicky shoulders and knees and shit. Not cool. I have to learn to stop chasing the big points and not fuck myself up.

Oh and Star maybe you could answer this one. Are dumbbell deadlifts or deadlifts of any type supposed to work your back or legs primarily. I couldn't feel shit in my back but my hamstrings were nicely achey today. Good achey.

Edited by crimsonfire

Axels, it should say in the description of the exercise in the program how to count the reps. Or you can log total reps per arm and then in a note specify that it was split between left and right.

So let's say you did 3 sets of 10 reps per arm with a 20lb dumbbell.

You could log 3 sets of 20 reps and then specify that it was a left/right split. Or you can log 6 sets of 10 and note that it was 10 per arm. Either way, just make sure you get the reps and the weight right to log the correct points.