Hondo's Bar

30 minute meals

amynicole

So this can be for any easy to make meal.

What I made tonight:

Boil noodles. At the same time brown hamburger meat. Add velveeta to macaroni and add taco seasoning to hamburger meat according to it's directions. Mix macaroni with taco meat. Add one can mild rotel and one can cilantro and lime rotel. Pour into a 9x13 and top with a Mexican cheese blend. Put into oven just long enough to melt the cheese. While that was in the oven I made a spinach and butter Bibb salad with cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, onions, and avocado. Topped it with the same cheese blend, ranch and crushed up taco flavored doritos. It was so good.

Another favorite of mine:

Take chicken breast and brown but don't cook all the way through. Put in the bottom of a 9x13. Cut up precooked sausage (we use hillshire farms) and spread over chicken. Pour two boxes uncooked jumbalaya rice (we use Tony chacheres) over meat and cover completely with one can cream of chicken soup and enough water to cover rice. Cover with foil and cook at 350 for at least twenty minutes. It actually takes longer than thirty minutes but it is super easy.

One I actually got from rachael ray:

Roll out one can refrigerated pizza dough and cut into fourths. Layer on each fourth whatever deli sliced itallian cheeses you want (I like provolone, asiago and mozzarella) and meats (usually pepperoni, salami or Canadian bacon). Roll diagonally from one corner to the opposite, rolling not folding over. Take the two ends and tuck the dough in so none of the cheese or meet is exposed so the cheese wont run out when melted. Brush tops with olive oil and top with your favorite seasonings (garlic, rosemary, oregano) and bake at the temperature the dough calls for until browned. Heat up marinara for dipping.

Anyone else have super easy meals? I love to find new favorites :)

• 2 months later...

Rachel Ray is my favorite. There is a spaghetti recipe that she has in one of her 30 minute meals books and it's good. It's called Cowboy Spaghetti. I forget all the ingredients, but to name a few..... Chorizo, sausage, ground meat, tomato sauce, hot sauce, etc. it's yummy. :)

• 2 weeks later...

So I bought a rice cooker today, yeah because I'm too pathetic to even want to cook rice without a machine doing it for me.

For it's maiden voyage I grabbed a can of coconut milk and some garlic. Threw a little salt in there. It's brewing as we speak.

Hopefully it turns out good.

I think next I'll try yellow jasmine rice. Sounds delightful.