Hondo's Bar

American Horror Story

I was caught up to date with the show until I missed last week. I have been obsessed with this show since inception. It's awesome. Last ep I saw was showing

Violet dead.

Freakin Awesome. Loved it. I can't get that image of her out of my head, freaky!

Edited by The NZA
spoilers omg

caught the finale - i was leaning towards dropping the show, but now i wanna see how season 2 and

anti-christ baby

pan out. still weird how being dead seems like a minor inconvenience at worst, and Ben turned out kinda dumb overall, but ill check out a bit more - just hoping for more horror than drama, again.

What I interpretted is that

the Anti-christ baby

may rate a mention anecdotally, but it's going to be a newset up entirely otherwise. As pissed as I am from no payoff on what we thought were long term seeds being planted, I like that it's taking into account the subjective sense of scale in these kind of circles.

Edited by The NZA
see, JZA does it too

I'm torn.

Anti-Christ baby would have made for a cool series.

But new haunted houses have much potential as well. The only thing is... now we know the "Rules" So won't that kinda take away from the magic the first season had? Maybe, maybe not. Or maybe each new haunted house will have its own rules.

But seriously, how the fuck do you top anti-christ baby? ahs_s1_e12_4.jpg

nah benz, i think JZA's under-playing it: that element was the build-up of the entire season, no way they dont tie heavily back into it next one. i dont necessarily expect an appearance every ep, but they gotta return to it - what're you gonna build toward that's bigger than that?

nah benz, i think JZA's under-playing it: that element was the build-up of the entire season, no way they dont tie heavily back into it next one. i dont necessarily expect an appearance every ep, but they gotta return to it - what're you gonna build toward that's bigger than that?

Yeah, I remember the moment they mentioned it, I said "Oh SHIT!" But if that article's true, then everything will be fresh. I'm with you though, they need to tie back into it and explore all of it's unholy glory. And emphasize on horror. Not drama. For crying out loud, Aarty could have watched the last episode. That's saying alot.

That's what I'm getting at when I talk about scale. Shit, I'm pretty uh, medicated right now so this may be tough. I may end up relying on the Panchlation myself.

My whole beef with antichrist born movies or shows is, what's the significance otherwise? I mean the Antichrist is born on a farm in Wyoming but the local family manage to kill or subdue it at the cost of a few black ranch hands and a slutty teenager or two, and then what? The authorities and press aren't going to believe the surviving family member, it maybe rates page 2 of the National Enquirer. Or to put it another way:

THis is a Tree falling in the Forest thing- If noone hears it it didn't make a noise, but this is a pretty bug fucking tree falling for noone to hear.

What I dig about American Horror Story if it's embracing this format is, while everyone was wandering around the house whispering Antichrist in hushed tones, and sure with the aid of a squeamish ultrasound assistant and another that was too handy with the personal information, who's to say they're right? They made this huge deal about it for the second half of the season as normal people do, and guess what? The story's done. Nothing more of significance to be seen here folks: move along the yellow line. Yep they were just making a big fuss over nothing, and didn't feel the need to spell it out for you for once.

Either classic misdirection or a masterstroke in storytelling. I'm more than happy to be wrong and see Cathy's idea come to fruition though.

spoiler-tag reading folks are the WORST

:arty:

Jay - well, isnt brutally slaying your nanny and postponing the blood orgy so you can use the rocking chair kind've confirmation? we were already playing fast & loose with the rules of being undead (sidenote: i think this irks me for similar reasons as twilight with vampirism; its supposed to be a curse/horrible state, not an inconvenience), an unnatural birth such as this yielding the end of all things TM isnt the kinda thing you should expect a bigger payoff by season 1's ending, is it?

what im asking is: i was thinking this finale tied things up a bit and left me interested, you're saying it left you in the cold. what else did you want from it, to lead into Omen 2 by the finale?

ps point taken about offing this kid before he comes into full swing being the tree in the fores thing (hey, you reading Uncanny X-force?), but you gotta admit, this house seems like a perfect place for body-hiding. i mean, how many families did it eat in a decade or so, and the most forest whittaker's cousin can think of is "gotta be the widow".

also, you know what? ima miss seeing that intro for a bit, really dug that one.

I'm perfectly happy with the finale to the season. My negativity is aimed exclusively at the fact that we'll not see the characters regularly again. My further opinions about the new format are just my way of trying to make lemonade. Frankly, I'd love to see this weave a vast tapestry of continuity so, 3 seasons from now we'll see shit in the background expanding on questions about the current characters.

• 1 month later...

post episode 2 thoughts:

-err'body having babies. the wife knew the gimp suit wasn't her husband (at least by the end), yeah? i thought she did but i wasnt sure.

-jesus christ ive been to public parks harder to get into than that house, why not start locking/double bolting the basement and back doors already

-last line @ selling the house was the most sensible thing this family has done since, i dont know, feeding strangers to the basement

Just finished the second episode. Messed up shit.

- I doubt she knew it wasn't her husband.

- It is rather fucked up how easy it is for even people not associated with the house to get in.

- God, yes. Sell that shit. There has to be a fucking market for that sort of thing.

Episode 3:

Is that doctor connected with the house? She can't be a ghost, unless Vivien and Ben are hallucinating during the entire trip.

Episodes 4 & 5:

Chad's a rather enjoyable character. Larry, I dislike and wish that he'd been drug off the property by Chad and "taken care of".

Episode 6:

Poor Derek...

Episode 7:

More and more, I feel badly for Moira. Also, concerning the ending revelation to Vivien, what will happen now?!

Episode 8:

Gah! The guy in the suit Tate! So creepy. Possibly more once I finish the episode.

Episode 9:

-As soon as she said that the flower was a dahlia, I fucking knew what'd happen.

-Ben's a fucking asshole. He (believing Vivien'd cheated on him) had a right to be angry, but damn. That's fucked up.

-Concerning the twins and possible futures as seen by Billie Dean, I wonder what Constance will believe/do...

-And if a child can indeed be conceived between a spirit and a living human, I wonder what'll happen with Violet.

Episode 9:

-And if a child can indeed be conceived between a spirit and a living human, I wonder what'll happen with Violet.

Episode 10:

Oh, well nevermind.

Damn, Constance is a bitch. Not overly bright, either. If she'd just fucking told Larry that she'd loved him, he would have never been a problem for her again. Now? He could always give the cops more information.

• 6 months later...

1223-ew-cover_300x400.jpg

How does American Horror Story top a first season that included a ghost in a rubber fetish suit, a Frankenstein-like monster baby dressed in a Christening gown, and Dylan McDermott’s bare buttocks? It heads to a loony bin run by nuns!

Well, and it also introduces [spoiler ALERT] aliens, Nazis, and a serial killer named Bloody Face who wears a mask made out of his victims skin along with black nightie and opera length gloves.

Oh, and, just for good measure, the lead singer of Maroon 5 shows up. “It is absolutely terrifying. Very gruesome,” says frontman Adam Levine of American Horror Story: Asylum (in case you don’t believe him, check out these photos). “And what’s great about the fact that it’s on FX is that you can go too far. You can do really unorthodox, crazy things that people are going to talk about.” Adds co-creator Ryan Murphy, “I don’t think people tune in to the show because they want My Dinner With Andre. I think they want to be scared. I’m just writing what I would like to see. I’m scared of aliens and I’m scared of Nazis and I’m scared of nuns. So it’s the perfect stew of horror and fear.”

This week, Entertainment Weekly takes you EXCLUSIVELY behind the highly secretive, super wild new installment of AHS, appropriately subtitled Asylum. “We are going Ryan Murphy-style all the way to the crazy house,” says star Sarah Paulson. While some of last year’s cast are returning (Paulson, Jessica Lange, Evan Peters, Zachary Quinto, Lily Rabe), they will be playing entirely new roles in an entirely new storyline set within an asylum for the criminally insane called Briarcliff Manor. “Every year of the show is a different miniseries, and there will be several chapters,” explains co-creator Ryan Murphy. “You need as your leading man or leading lady an institution to haunt.” Adds co-creator Brad Falchuk, “To me, last year was a family drama. This is our version of a workplace drama.”

This particular workplace is run by a wickedly stern nun named Sister Jude (Lange) who is surrounded by a cast of characters ranging from a possible former Nazi, Dr. Arden (James Cromwell), to nymphomaniac patient Shelley (Chloe Sevigny). But Sister Jude is also quite a troubled woman with a dark past that will resurface. “If I were playing a straitlaced nun, start to finish, I can’t say that would interest me too much,” says Lange. “What’s great are the extremes. To go from where she was and where she’s getting to, that’s what’s going to be interesting.” Meet the rest of the characters/cast of American Horror Story: Asylum here.

JkCXn.jpgnTSDM.jpgBUtEP.jpgkCj0y.jpg

startes wednesday 10/17, here's to hoping they remember the "horror" part