Hondo's Bar

Grand Theft Auto V

Maldron

The character looks I've grown to prefer:

Trevor: Mullet, Handlebar mustache (which is misnamed and actually a horseshoe mustache, as it does not have graspable appendages), aviators, filthy white t-shirt, camo pants, military boots.

Michael - Bald, clean shaven, wearing anything that looks expensive.

Franklin - Big afro, big beard

I haven't bothered change Franklin or Michael's clothes in a long time, since they're civilized human beings who apparently shower and change clothes regularly anyway.

As far as I can tell, this does not apply to Trevor.

It seems about right to me and, more importantly, it's full of stuff. Just Cause 2 had a bigger map, but it was mostly uninteresting randomly generated jungle with tiny pockets of bland civilization sprinkled in. It's amazing how big and how far you can see when you're up high, and somehow without loading. This is one of those late gen console games that's reeeally pushing what these old machines can do.

I think the improved GPS and the fact that you can move really fast at times makes the map seem smaller than it is.

here's GTA IV overlayed.

RFTb3qU.jpg

Just pimped out a dune buggy. Gave it a CHARGE! sounding horn. Customizing cars is awesome, but EXPENSIVE. I need to find better ways to make money. I've been doing some stock manipulation before Lester's hit missions, but other than that I'm hoping missions give a significant cut.

I'm the blimpinest motherfucker in all the land, the first thing I did was fly it to the top of Mount Chiliad. Turns out Bob Segar's Night Moves has the same effect flying a blimp in the middle of the night as it does driving down a dark country road, shit is electric. Franklin is currently the whitest black man EVER in my game.

The mission "Did somebody say Yoga?" has one of my favorite moments. They're flirting with Saints Row here.

So I switched to Trevor earlier and he was riding a Faggio scooter next to some random civilian and screaming "SCOOOOOOTER BUDDIES". I lost my shit. I kept following him around on it and he just kept on and on. "Hey scooter buddy, where ya goin' scooter buddy? Nice scooter, scooter buddy. You're my best scooter buddy, scooter buddy. SCOOOOOTER BUDDIIIIIIIEEEEES"