Hondo's Bar

Filming a movie on friday

Me and a pal need to make a movie for independant film class, and we're shooting a scene on friday.  The scene we're shooting is a big choreographed party scene where the camera will follow a buncha people through a party.  So we need a bunch of extras and everything else.  My friend literally lives across the street from FIU on coral way, so if anyone isn't doing anything on fri. you're welcome to be an extra, you'll all get free drinks after we're done.  

And speaking of drinks.... To do the scene we obviously need a bunch of empty bottles to use as props, and we need liquor to pay off the actors & extras, so if any of you 21 and over folks would be willing to help me obtain some drinks that would be appreciated too.  We're planning on buying the liquor, emptying it into jugs so that we can use fake liquor for the movie, then serve the real liquor to everyone when we're done.  I could get stuff on my own, but it's a pain going from liquor store to liquor store in dirty miami springs.... :shoot:  :scared: It'd also help if anyone has empty liquor/beer bottles I can scavenge.  So, go ahead an PM me or post here if ya wanna show up or help in any way.

oh, and if you're wondering what the movie's about, it's about two guys that sleep through the apocalypse after the big party.   :thinking:

Sounds like gold.  Does it have bat-nipples?

Fuck, wish you'da said ya needed bottles before, just thru out a lotta dork party leftovers...ah well.

Anyway, think i have somethin friday nite but i forget what, so fuck it - count me in.  Ill try to round up a few folks round here too if at all possible, god knows id like to help anythin resemblin good film.

awesome, so far we have a decent number of people comin so it's for sure happening on friday night, I'll call ya up for details.  We're gonna have most of the smarter people there doing something, so you may get to do something cooler than being a background person.  And I hope it resembles a good film... we decided to make it a comedy cause everyone else in class is either doing an "avant guard" movie with no narrative or some really pretentious movie about a boy coming to terms with his sexuality or somethin.... our film has the protagonists eating someone at the end.... :D   that'll show em

[We're gonna have most of the smarter people there doing something, so you may get to do something cooler than being a background person.]

Well you've done it now.  The secret is out.  Anyone who doesn't have something to do other than be an extra now is a confirmed idiot.

Well you've done it now.  The secret is out.  Anyone who doesn't have something to do other than be an extra now is a confirmed idiot.

shhhhhhhh....  but yeah.... the whole scene is gonna be one big ass 3 minute take so all stupid people will be background...um, tell you what, if you're smart and you're in the background because we have too many people, I'll give ya a distinguishing characteristic to set you apart. (ie you'll be holding a potato, drinking something green etc) (realizes he will now have to give fookin everyone a distinguishing characteristic)

That suitcase will be first on my list right after I get my new computer...

Anyone who doesn't have something to do other than be an extra now is a confirmed idiot.

Was hopin noboby'd notice that detail, leave it to chrpnbrd to point it out...

We're gonna have most of the smarter people there doing something, so you may get to do something cooler than being a background person

Hoo-yah! That means i get to abuse the stunt doubles, sit in the fancy chair & cuss at the cast, whilst bacchus gets to aimlessly wander in the background with some variation of a nervous twitch! :D

Hoo-yah! That means i get to abuse the stunt doubles, sit in the fancy chair & cuss at the cast, whilst bacchus gets to aimlessly wander in the background with some variation of a nervous twitch!

dont give us any ideas, we're unoriginal shameless bastards and you may end up writing half our movie... hell, the nervous twitch seems like something to do in the background, to give you an idea of how the scene will go... random stuff that will be in it.  (most of it, indeed, autobiographical....)

- Random potatoes lying about

- Guy eating cheese off wall with chip

- Table full of guys trying to get a cat to smoke

- fat guy playing strip poker

think ya get the idea, oh, and would you be up for starting a bit early friday by going to OJ's liquor real quick with us so we can get the "props"?  prolly only take a few minutes, it'd help quite a bit

OK folks, tryin to round up more extras at the last second...be round my place bout 8pm tomorrow or so (i think) for a ride there, Junker can give directions to the site - it aint far.

Come on down, support another deity & his first, possibly breakthrough film.  

It should be noted that M. Night Shyamalan, the director of "Sixth Sense" and "Unbreakable" featured his early, home-made films as extras on his last DVD, which i thought was cool - and he aint the first to do such a thing.  This could be your chance to end up on some obscure DVD down the road, so dont miss out!

PS There will be liqour.

Speakin of Unbreakable...I still havent' seen the extras off my own DVD. I think that a certain :D has to come up with some serious answers. :p

I'd love to go...but might be too akward and had a bad experience with the last drinking party.  So no alcohol for a little bit.  Well atleast until the next retreat.  :D

:D

Aye, yes, come one, come all, 8 o'clock, the place is close as all hell across the street from FIU.  Free liquor!  We're gonna try and get quite a bit.  Have a good time for just standing around with a cup in your hand and letting us tell you what to do for a bit.  I warn, while we shoot the beer is mott's apple/grape juice (PERFECT color... compared at supermarket) and the vodka is water, but once the cameras are off it's all fair game. :werd:   Number of people is lookin' good so far, so it's all coming together.  Be there.... or be eaten by a rabid manatee.  :wary:   :arrow:

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Filming was a success!!!! Fookin rain, laziness, dumb people, and lateness fought against us but we got it done and did a decent job on it.  Thanks a MILLION to Nick, Aadil, Mariam, and Jessica for helping out.  Even though my 50 dollars of damned fine hard liquor got (taken/stolen/lost???), at the end of the day, a good time was had by all.  I'll try and bring some of the people that were there to the next dork party if I can.  Thanks again all who came.  

:D

That shit was a fuckin blast.  Party was a trip, film is shapin up to be really cool.  Those who didnt make it (*coughYahvencough*), it really is a shame.

Must train...for rematch with Mike. :plain:

Anyway, good group o' folks too, good time was had by all, but i hope whoever jacked the liqour fuckin chokes on it.

Umm, you damned well better get a chance to see the final thing or I'm failing the class....  This thing's gotta be done by the end of the semester, and since we're shooting on a digital camera it'll be real easy to distribute, I could burn it on cds for people as an mpeg pretty easily.  This week and prolly the next we're shooting the rest (MUCH EASIER, just two guys saying lines at a construction site) and the rest of the semester is editing.