Hondo's Bar

10th Anniversary Awards ballot box

The NZA

okay, so mostly the same categories you all know & love, with some twists & new ones i might try out. list your nominations now - we're looking to start up around thanksgiving weekend (or right after), which is just over a week from now, that should be more than enough time!

Tentative awards:

• Most Valuable Poster
  • smartest
  • funniest
  • best looking guy/gal
  • biggest bitch (formerly villain/d-bag/etc)
  • best mod
  • best thread
  • best couple
  • rookie of the year/best newjack
  • most helpful (formerly nicest/MH lifetime achievement award)
  • hondo's underdog
  • best troll...
  • most improved? - for members who weren't active/you didnt notice before this year
  • best thread hijack - not sure if we can get upwards of 5 of these, just a thought

if you've got other categories, we'll take them under consideration as well - meantime, post your noms!

first person to nominate themselves for everything gets a -1. it's still going to happen.

• Most Valuable Poster - Nick, Logan, Axel,
  • smartest - Jumbie
  • funniest - Baytor, Skeet, Logan, Axel, Nick
  • best looking guy/gal - Boogie/Master Star
  • biggest bitch - Panch
  • best mod - Nick
  • best thread - Xtranormal, Hondo's pics that we gone and done
  • best couple - Aarty and Benny
  • rookie of the year/best newjack - Lipala
  • most helpful - Nick, MH
  • hondo's underdog - Ly, Newt
  • best troll... - Panch?
  • most improved? - Axel, Logan (I catch on late, alright?)
  • best thread hijack -

Proposed additional awards

• Most missed
  • Most talented

I also think it'd be cool, if we had a few best of the decade awards

• MVP of the decade
  • Biggest bitch of the decade
  • Best thread of the decade
  • Funniest moment/post of the decade
  • Best looking guy/gal of the decade

Edited by alive she cried

nah, i'm done with most missed. it was cool years ago, but it kinda goes against the direction i wanna steer this ship in these days.

Most talented

this we've done, and could again, it's just run into trouble in years past by definition of "talent". artistic? athletic? other (mal's trophies, logan's achievements, etc)? i'm not against it, and i certainly don't mean to take these things too seriously, just never clear on this one.

• MVP of the decade
  • Biggest bitch of the decade
  • Best thread of the decade
  • Funniest moment/post of the decade
  • Best looking guy/gal of the decade

these ideas aren't bad either. i think funniest defaults on that time scale but i could be wrong - best looking i dont know bout either but, but best thread, MVP, biggest bitch and some others "of the decade"...i think you're onto something here man! what/who would you guys nominate for those, though?

• Most Valuable Poster - Logan, Bindy
  • funniest - Logan
  • biggest bitch - Mr. Hakujin, Iambaytor
  • best thread - Hondo's Pictures We've Gone & Done, Xtranormal, Interview With A Hondonian
  • best couple - Iambaytor & FDB, JZA & Arnah
  • rookie of the year/best newjack - Master Star
  • most helpful - DoJ
  • hondo's underdog
  • best troll... - Gene Shallit, Juggalo Pete

this we've done, and could again, it's just run into trouble in years past by definition of "talent". artistic? athletic? other (mal's trophies, logan's achievements, etc)? i'm not against it, and i certainly don't mean to take these things too seriously, just never clear on this one.

Why not all of the above? Or anything else that people think takes talent. I say just we should nominate the person and their talent. This'd also help promote old threads, for example how many newbies know Mh is an amazing pianist?

these ideas aren't bad either. i think funniest defaults on that time scale but i could be wrong - best looking i dont know bout either but, but best thread,

Not sure why we can have hottest of the year but not the decade?

Not sure why we can have hottest of the year but not the decade?

If we were to do decade awards, I think it should be the winner's of the past...

I worked somewhere that the nominees for employee of the year were all the employees of the month...

• Most Valuable Poster - JZA, NZA, 'baytor
  • smartest - Tulip, LL
  • funniest - 'baytor, JZA, axels
  • best looking guy/gal - Bindu, special K
  • biggest bitch (formerly villain/d-bag/etc) - I'm going to throw out some commentary here. I know you changed the 'villain' thing because Arch didn't do anything particularly villainous and, let's be honest, it's kind of an asshole thing to do to someone year after year. But I propose that Arch is, indeed, the most well written KIND of villain. He isn't maliciously evil, he has genuine conviction in his ideals and truly believes that they are for the best for everyone. He's Magneto. He's fuckin' Team Rocket! He says "to protect the world from devestation", but at the end of the day, he really just doesn't think that poor kid rightfully earned a free Pikachu.
    Anyway, I vote for Lorelei :D
  • best thread - Hondos pictures we gone and done, xtranormal
  • best couple - Tulip & JZa
  • best troll... - gene shallit, juggalo pete
  • most improved? - Mortiis

...well, (ASC) im not against talented if we see enough noms on here. as i'm getting a fellow hondonian to bang out the award banners, i dont wanna have a bunch where there's only 2 or 3 noms, so if there's interest here, i'm down.

in that vein: makes no sense to do binary awards for best of 2011 and best of decade, yeah? perhaps we should do just the latter? of course, as aarty pointed out, members of the past (some not even currently active) might come out on top over people who put in a good effort this year...gotta flesh this idea out, but yeah, i'm down with emaonne's idea: if we're calling it our 10th anniversary awards, maybe it should be for all the marbles!

• Most Valuable Poster - Thelogan, NZA, MH, Axel,
  • smartest - LL, NZA, JAX, Bindu
  • funniest - Thelogan, Axel, ASC, Haku
  • best looking guy/gal - Boogie and Carlo Lund (I am refraining from nominating a gal in case my wife starts looking over my shoulder.)
  • best mod - The NZA
  • best thread - A Hondonian (BTW, who was it that said that it should be an instead of a for this title? The rule is a before words starting with a consonant and an before words starting with a vowel sound.)
  • best couple - JZA/Arnah, MH/Carlo Lund, Aartemys/Benz
  • rookie of the year/best newjack - Master Star, Lipala
  • most helpful - amynicole, Aartemys, LL, ASC, Master Star
  • hondo's underdog - Lycaon, DoJ, Newt, amynicole
  • best troll - Terrance and Philip, Juggalo Pete

I think it would be cool to add some more idiosyncratic awards. I will try to come up with something soon.

Edited by The Vagrant

• smartest- Tulip O, Vagrant
  • best looking guy/gal - Star, MH, LL (Hell, just nominate all the female Hondonians!)
  • biggest bitch - JZA, Panch
  • best thread - xtranormal, OWS
  • best couple - Aarty & Benz
  • rookie of the year/best newjack - Mortiss (He's a rookie this year, right?), Star
  • hondo's underdog - Panch
  • best troll - Gene Shallit
  • most improved - Axel, Crimsonfire

Obviously any category I didn't nominate someone else for I feel should go to me. Obviously.

I think there should be a 'Friendliest' award...and it should go to MetalHeart

• most helpful (formerly nicest/MH lifetime achievement award)

Edited by Mr. Hakujin