Hondo's Bar

Batman

spiffytee

Alright, some one else read it!

Jeph Loeb (Superman: Man for all Seasons, Batman: Long Halloween, Daredevil Yellow, etc) writes it, with Jim Lee's fantastic art on the interiro. It's DC's response to Marvel's Ultimate line, just without restarting the series.

On one hand, they dont wanna restart the clock after 600 issues, but few people realize its a great jumping-on point for one of comci's most popular yet least read characters.

After the first issue, I'm hooked, cant wait to see more. Damn thing bout those badass Jim Lee splash pages is, just like his old X-Men series, it really leaves you wanting more. :D

Seriously tho, off to a great start...if youre even mildly interested in Batman but dont want to see hm bogged down with storylines youve never read, pick this one up. The book's really getting exciting.

dBatm_608.jpg

Oh dear god. Collossal Superhero blunder!

Look at the soles of batman's shoes! thereis a very distinct "W" in the center of it! Those are custom made for batmans suit but "Wayne enterprises" must have stamped them without realizing it! Since only Every footprint is a giant arrow pointing out the man behind batman! Only bruce wayne could have those boots made for anyone! and if anyone might have a suspicion... Oh the horror!

:D

(( This message was brought to you by the obscenely bored nitpickers association of comic readers, Texas chapter. ))

I always thought the folks of Metropolis were 10 times stupider; they get fooled by glasses (same build on Clark & Supes, mind you).

Anyway, seriously this new launch is cool, ill get a copy to Ian & TD to see what they think of it. If anyone got last month's Wizard, it had a cool preview in it, too. Check this one out if you get a chance, people.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, back to the @#$%in topic...

Shit, yeah Wizard spoiled that one but good. Maybe the book was supposed to be out last week...? Anger - anyway, I know Mulan's readin this one too, and along with a Wizard preview a few months back, i'm told this book made it to the #1 spot last month, still placing pretty high - seriously, check this one out before it gets too expensive if youre a Batman or Jim Lee fan.

Good call - Loeb, for those that dont know, is responsible for such greats as Batman: The Long Halloween, Daredevil: Yellow, Spider-Man: Blue, etc. I'm also lookin forward to his upcoming Batman/Superman work, seein the two teamup to take down President Lex Luther should be a blast.

New Batman this week i think, itll make the 3rd issue into this run...for those that missed out & cant borrow mine, look for the trade soon. Again, its really been an exciting run so far, ill review more in depth when I the first story arc finishes.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Lotsa people feel that way, odd....seriously, i dont think Marvel's ever done as good as they are lately, top notch writing & art on their Ultimate books, even many of hte non-ultiamtes are strong these days....Hulk, Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Punisher....the list goes on, i wish more people woud come back to the fold & see it...

As for Image, theyre widely expanding these days, but I only read a few of there books lately (Powers, etc), what do you currently read of theirs? Maybe im missin out...i know fellow board member Cap'n P swears by the new Gen Thirteen but its just not my thing...

ps have you check out this current Batman book with Jim Lee doing the art, Loeb at the helm? Its surprisingly good, non Bats fans who know less than nothing about the character are enjoying it...

Oh - you know how he broke off from Image and had his "Wildstorm Studios"? DC bought that a while back. Theyre havin a hard time with Marvel's strong story & art, non-continuity Ultimate line, so they took Jeph Loeb, one of the best Batman/Superman writers in recent past, and prolly offered a big chunk of $ to Jim Lee - he hasnt done much outside of covers lately far as i know, but people still love his art.

The only thing i didnt get was why they didnt get a new series, hard to expect non-comic fans to know "Batman # 609" is the jump-on point...i expect the trade to do well.

• 1 month later...

Hah..dont remember much about Shadowhawk but i recall him bein a violent mothafucka. Savage Dragon's still going, Larsen says its in a whole new direction - i have one issue, the "god vs the devil" one. Wasnt really a fan of early image, but I love the Maxx, still tryin to get the last of that series, hard to find....

But i think youd dig Batman if you get a chance to read it.