Hondo's Bar

Batman

spiffytee

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

He was talkin about the skin in this particular forum, before this silly new beta blocked all the skins.

Yeah, Marvel's doing a lotta manga stuff, was only a matter of time before Bats got into it...ill let you know more as a i see it. For now, Wolverine: Snikt seems pretty cool for manga takes on western characters.

Seriously tho, this Jim Lee Batman thing..its crazy. Trade's already out now, im prolly sellin my issues cause they jupmed up in value so fast. If you think Batman's even minorly cool, from the cartoon, movies, old comics etc you need to check out this trade...Jeph Loeb's writing strips away the bullshit, and Jim Lee's spreads are good as ever. I'll be sad to see them go on hiatus by the year's end, but the Eisner-award winning team of Vertigo's 100 Bullets is suppoed to follow up, and that's got a lot of potential.

DC's Batman contest...test your detective skills at Batman's new villian

pic_lrgbm617cvr.jpg

• 1 year later...

Its somethin the moops use to find teh treasure, ya mook. :D

Yeah, you caught the extra e....anyway, what do you think of that guy's art? I like that its devoid of text, for now. For a moment, i thought he had that Neal Adams thing goin, mighta been the costume colors tho, and the cape movement.

It's not bad. I think he's better with the technical stuff than with the anatomy. Bats' face looks kinda weird in both the shots that they show (though admittedly, those could both have been the fault of the inker). But the close-ups, the Batmobile and the office interior are all really good. And you're right, the blocking and the poses is pretty classic and the colors are a little brighter than normal, so I get the Neal Adams feeling too. There's good stuff and bad stuff there, I'd hafta see more.

• 4 weeks later...

Newsarama...

AdamsBat.jpg

JEPH LOEB, ART ADAMS WORKING ON BATMAN

While most recent rumors claim Adams will be working on All-Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder with Geoff Johns after the Frank Miller/Jim Lee run, that’s kind of not quite accurate, according to a DC spokesman.

Firstly, it’s not “Geoff,” it’s “Jeph” as in Jeph Loeb, and secondly, according to DC, while the two are working together on a Batman story, it is currently unscheduled, and undetermined as to where it will eventually appear. Of course, the “Adams” of Art’s last name could also be the basis of rumors that Neal Adams will be making a visit to Batman as well…

To spin the speculation needle, available slots for a Batman story, of course, would include Detective Comics (June’s issue #807 is part 7 of David Lapham’s 12-part story, “City of Crime,” so an opening will exist soonish); Batman (though current writer Judd Winick and artist Doug Mahnke have been named as the series’ regular creative team); Gotham Knights (A.J. Lieberman’s story is ongoing, though); and Legends of the Dark Knight (which plays host to rotating creative teams). Of course, the story could be a standalone, such as Matt Wagner’s announced, but still unscheduled Dark Moon Rising.

And, of course, to spin the needle back towards, All-Star, there’s no reason the Loeb/Adams story couldn’t be the second in line after Miller/Lee, and DC keeping its cards close to its vest. Alternatively, DC has been known to have inventory stories held back if needed, such as Judd Winick and Ian Churchill’s “Lightning Strikes” arc in the Superman titles, which was, reportedly, ready to slot in if scheduling problems arose during Brian Azzarello and Jim Lee’s recent run.

• 12 years later...

As the only superhero from the golden age to keep his side-kick for any extended period of time, it would seem that the model Batman is very much the one that is the head of a Bat-family. This isn't a new thought. There are many facets to Batman and I'm of the Lawful Neutral take, especially when it comes to to his allies.

dcUl4.jpg

Edited by Drifter