iyI7IFs9TyR0z.png

iEJmu4fVsThze.png

Zy93n.png

i3BvlDD6g0kxp.gifiK4FMd4wn3K9Q.gif

ibmxgZGgeqvDxP.gif

ibZFqllChQXjG.gif

jbUeT.png

goddamn.

i know dev kits can do a higer res, but that's in-game? can kinda see why some people early on speculated PS4. Naughty Dog is so good at this shit, it's ridiculous - and i know it's not a new theme, but id love to see them on survival horror. can't wait.

for me, it's mostly that closeup of the girl's face - so used to sub-HD/ < 720p this gen that it stands out to me. UC3 kinda showed me how seamless ND can transition to in-game graphics, so i've high hopes but yeah, we're still ready for a new gen at this point, i think.

Naughty Dog has revealed that double Oscar-winner Gustavo Santaolalla is composing the music for upcoming PS3-exclusive The Last Of Us.

The news came during a presentation at the studio's Santa Monica HQ on Monday, where the full version of the game's main theme - a section of which features at the end of the reveal trailer - was played to press.

"He's awesome," said Neil Druckmann, creative director and writer on The Last Of Us. "He picks and chooses what he works on; he could work on all these big movies. We brought him in here, showed him the game, walked him through the whole story and what we're trying to do, and he said 'I want to be a part of this'."

The Argentine composer won back-to-back Academy Awards for Best Score for his work on Brokeback Mountain (2005) and Babel (2006).

The main theme is acoustic guitar-led, an arpeggiated figure in a minor key over tribal percussion, building to a dissonant climax of fiercely-strummed chords.

With this music we're trying to get emotion. We're not going for horror," Druckmann explained.

"There's going to be horrific things happening in this game, but that's not the focus of it. The monsters aren't the focus of it, it's the relationship between Joel and Ellie."

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

finally got around to watching the e3 vids i missed (we need threads for Watch Dog and Star Wars 1313, people!), damn this one was more vicious than id expected.

so sad it got delayed till next year, so happy the UC2 team is making this game.

• 1 month later...