Hondo's Bar

10th Anniversary Awards Ceremony

The NZA

<object width="400" height="224" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/2849724083183"'>http://www.facebook.com/v/2849724083183" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/2849724083183" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="224"></embed></object>

the things i do for love

thanks to all the away team for their patience; i originally just set out to get the camcorder working (thanks again yahve!), but the SD card on it corrupted while backing up his stuff, so i spent forever trying to get it to work again. by then, Lipala had the google huddle going, and obviously we only had shitty rock band mics and a kinect i spent an hour trying to capture video but never would, apparently it's somewhat more doable in skype with a few bat files i didnt find. c'est la vie.

anyway, we got everything going, and the feed/capture wasn't too bad, you can mostly hear people later on when we're going to the huddle folks. It's gonna be a bit though, we're uploading 7+ gigs (!) to youtube right now and hoping they convert it worth a crap, we'll see how it turns out...fuck editing!

honestly, was a bit of trouble with our limited tools & inebriated guests, i hope everyone involved had a good time. if this ever happens again, perhaps planning will go into it, though i'd not hold my breath.

off to go make the i love hitler thread before someone else does

nothing quite so fancy

yeah, that podcast from years back...we've still got the one file, i found it recently and it's great if you wanna hear me a lot and guess at what im responding to. i might go back to it and upload what was there for posterity one day.

the more recent one (History of Hondo's podcast) got similarly mucked up, though not as badly on the techincal end - i wanna say we made it 50 or so minutes before the audio just started dropping out. one day ill learn my lesson and stop fucking with audacity. anyway, i still gotta go back, cut off where it goes to shit & tie on a segment with everything from there on out, which isn't so bad since it's mostly when i took the helm and Yahve's booked up through the holidays anyway. I'll have it up before the year ends.

but this...this is something special. in the order of fuckups:

1) yahve's camcorder's SD card corrupts, after formatting slow as balls it promptly locks up said camera. thank god chief was sober enough to suggest taking out the battery & putting it back in, IT guys are full of solutions like that.

2) whilst we were doing this & the google huddle was up, we joined in and promptly took shit for not having a webcam, despite that other thread where i asked every local if they had anything passing for one over a month ago (they didn't; they brought coronas though). again, the trusty rock band mic was nice when the feedback didn't sound like satan passing a stone.

3) Liplala suggests i use Jax's leftover kinect as a cam, which sends me off for no fewer than 3 drivers, 2 apps and a handful of bat files. all of this got it to light up and record fuck-all, until sen came back with her tablet and we did the stream part with that.

4) i expected people to be late, but fuck 7pm; most didnt get there till after 10 - i wanna say we started sometime around then? star had already smoked arch and a few others under the table, so if i was testy with any of the huddle folks, it's because i was way too sober and dealing with uselessness on one end, potshots on the other. my bad.

oh yeah, 2 guests brought dogs, so they had a party too. you'll totally hear that.

5) arch was passed out at various points, the ladies got camera shy/chatty next to it, gunsmith wanted to keep playing 3DS, panch wanted to talk about his novel...i basically had bish helping with the mic and lulu handling the camera when people weren't in her way. oh yeah, and filming the TV to get the non-locals involved (sorry for leaving you guys off early on) meant more feedback/echoes from the stereo to actually hear them on said camera.

TL;DR good times, glad it's done - part 3 of 4 is already up on our youtube channel, with part 4 halfway uploaded. i'm gonna leave this going and pass out soon, so check back in a few hours and hopefully the beginning's up so you can go in order & judge it proper. i'm sure it's a mess but i'm glad we finally did it.

also, i think i spent a quarter of my time fixing my bangs. it did no good.

Nick: Get a haircut. Or don't. It's getting to that awkward stage between good clean cut Nicholas and long haired rock star/hippie Nick. But at this stage it's "I smokes crack out of a soda can" Nick. (Aarty made me post this, BTW. Yer golden locks of albinofied goodness is your buidness.)

haha...ouch aarty, stop giving logans more ammo

Star - you did indeed, and your handwriting was impeccable! cookies were good too. i got some :FHD: 's to go around soon, fear not.

parts 1, 3 & 4 are up, 2 is around 25% done, so they should be up this afternoon!

ps again had a lot going on, meant to call & involve a fee more of you (i told Haku if we had a stream, id post a link but clearly that was a mission), next time guys.

pps by the way, if it looks like we're filming in abject darkness, that's because it was decided that the lamp by the mock-podium caused too much of a glare, and the light behind the camera kept getting flicked off by the peanut gallery. sorry for that.

Sorry I missed it guys.... I was working til 9 and pulled up the comp and was gonna jump on then decided to sleep instead cause I was feelin like crap :/ yall recorded stuff though right? can't wait to see some of the shenanigans.

Pro-Tip: Webcams are like $15 now. Just buy one next time.

Pro-Tip 2: Microphones run about the same price, so together you have all you need for half the price of Fuck-Skyrim-I'ma-play-this-stupid-shit-game-where-i-do-nothing-but-die-until-i-accidently-dont-and-win-the-game Dark Souls.

Archived