Hondo's Bar

GOOD Wii Games

Mortiis558

• 3 months later...

adding a few more with new releases & shit i've played:

Rhytmn Heaven Fever: one of the only quirky japanese rhythm games that made it to console, and i'm pretty happy cause i loved the DS one. pretty hard as it goes on, but a lotta fun if you're into Parappa-like stuff - $30 new, prolly get it for a song later this year.

Xenoblade - still being called possibly the best JRPG this gen. If you miss out, don't bitch about the lack of them on consoles.

The Last Story - looks like this one (and Pandora's Tower) got pushed through, and the art style alone has me interested. Its Mistwalker, so that means Sakaguchi (father of Final Fantasy), check it out before it drops in July.

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Ive honeslty not played this one, as i'm currently running through/loving the GC one, but i'm also doing the GBA ones on 3DS, and...it's a great series. way darker than you expect, and pretty hardcore: practically anyone who's not your main character that falls in battle, that's it, they're gone for the game. if you dug Shining Force type combat in the day like i did, you gotta check this out.

Donkey Kong Country Returns - Axel's right, this one's pretty much part 4. waiting on a cheap deal to get it bu the time i spent with it, level design is tight like the classic ones.

i also got Kirby's Epic Yarn for cheap, though i heard Return to Dreamland is the one to get) and am liking it so far, but for those of you like myself that never really played these games in the day, they announced an anniversary collection coming soon, ill post on that when it's out.

also, copying bits of this longer/full list from elsewhere:

Super Mario Galaxy 1

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - not as good as the GC one, but way cheaper

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - best motion+ yet, also it's zelda

World of Goo

Mega Man 9

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles : My life as a king

Xenoblade

Metroid Trilogy/Corruption - i swear Prime 1 plays better with a pointer and proper camera contrls

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Kirby Return to Dreamland

New Super Mario Bros Wii

Dong Kong Country Returns

Cooking Mama (nod to jay)

Punch Out! - no classic controller support, but you can turn the wiimote sideways

Boom Blox 1 & 2

Zack & Wiki

Little King Story

Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - only if you're ready for permadeath

Sin & Punishment 2 - $5 today at best buy! classic controller support, classic Treasure (Gunstar Heroes) gameplay. do not miss.

Super Paper Mario - make no mistake, not as good as TTYD (GC) but still pretty fun

Monster Hunter Tri - the best one we got this gen

Rhythm Heaven Fever

No More Heroes 1

No More Heroes 2

Goldeneye - also CCPro support

Madworld

Warioware: Smooth Moves

Mario Kart Wii

Muramasa: Demon Blade - more CCPro support

NBA Jam - this one too

Pikmin 2: New Play Control - yeah, they remembered this one finally, in time to hype 3...GC one is rare/mad expensive and it also controls well with a pointer, given that it's an RTS

A Boy and his Blob

Last Story

Trauma Team - best of the series

Trauma Center: Second Opinion

Lost Winds

House of the Dead: Overkill - also best of the series, i think

Red Steel 2

Excitetruck

Excitebots

Rune Factory

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Metroid: Other M - i will vouch for this (or not) after completing trilogy

Endless Ocean 1/2

Sonic Colors

Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles - i thought this was the better one, covers RE2 & such

Metal Slug Anthology - because fuck yeah

Data East Arcade Classics - pretty much just for Bad Dudes & Burger time

Wario Land: Shake It!

Cursed Mountain

De blob

Disaster: Day of Crisis (import)

Fatal Frame 4 - if you hacked your wii, there's a full fan translation patch!

that's pretty much it, barring any last-minute localization surprises @ E3, which i kinda doubt since it's full-steam WU by then. still, while admittedly the lion's share of AAA titles went to PS3/360, this one arguably had a better library than the gamecube or 64 did, with a lotta 1st party, nice titles and new stuff/things you can't find anymore on consoles. i still look pretty fondly on my Sega-CD and it didn't have a quarter of this list.

TL;DR - if your Wii's been collecting dust, you should play more games. most of these can be had on the cheap, too.

edit crap i want DKCR

irutc4WmTqR2s.gif