Hondo's Bar

Avengers Vs. X-Men

Thelogan

• 3 weeks later...

Wooooooow. I haven't read the issue yet, but I just couldn't help myself. You know, I've been enjoying the DC reboot more than what Marvel's doing right now (with the exception of Daredevil and Fury Max). Even Spidey stuff has been boring to me. Smh.

I have no idea what's going on in that panel. Fuck, I have no idea what's going on in the crossover. I am and plan to remain happily oblivious.

article-0-0625E81F0000044D-407_233x362.jpg

Unrelated Jpeg

Wooooooow. I haven't read the issue yet, but I just couldn't help myself. You know, I've been enjoying the DC reboot more than what Marvel's doing right now (with the exception of Daredevil and Fury Max). Even Spidey stuff has been boring to me. Smh.

Give the Punisher a shot.

Think Max without the cussin, less graphic violence and flat out no sodomy but superheroes and villans. The book is as much, if not more about the supporting cast than it is about Frank himself. I always thought that this was key when dealing with The Punisher and Rucka's doing it just right.

So if you're on DD and I'm assuming still on Spidey books (and Avenging at that), when you got to the Omega Effect did you just skip over the second chapter? I think The Punisher was the most important book of all in the crossover as far as build-up was concerned.

I picked up the Omega crossover and while cool, it didn't really do anything. It was the first I had read of Punisher in a while so I was kinda confused. Eye injury. Beard. Oh yeah, apprentice chick?! Whatever, it intrigued me, but I'm really collecting a lot right now. Might give it a try later.

When did he stop being a frankenstein? Did it involve a wish granting angel or did a wizard make him a real boy?

What I'm sayin' is that I have no idea what 616 Punisher is all about these days.

That arc was actually really good as stupid as the lead-up into it may have been (See: I can say that because I'm the only one here that actually read it) and they undid the Frankenstein about 10 or 11 issues later and it was done in a decent way.

Thunderbolts, Venom, Future Foundation, did Ghost Rider and Moon Knight get cancelled?

There's several starting points. If you absolutely must know everything Thunderbolts #1 is a good spot, you could start at 2005 or so when The New Thunderbolts started, you could start at Warren Ellis' run when he had Norman Osborne take over the team, the Dark Reign book, or for brevity's sake just start with #144 (that's the first issue post-Siege with Luke Cage starting up the team and as good a hopping on point as any. It gets a little fucking boring for a couple issues around Shadowland but that's because Shadowland sucked and was a stupid piece of shit storyline, the Fear Itself storyline also suffers but it does add some awesome new team members (Cockney Mr. Hyde in a tophat is great, and so is Captain Boomerang even if he does bring the book that much closer to copyright infringement)

• 2 months later...