Hondo's Bar

History of Hondo's Podcasts

The NZA

So again, pardon the delay, but in the interest of being thorough (though we magically covered everything but Hondo's-Con), it required 2 full segments, currently broken up into a few files. At some future point, i'd like to have these uploaded to our youtube channel with appropriate .jpg's in the back (i'm guessing windows movie maker) and possibly annotations, but meantime, here they are raw!

Drunken_Deities_logo.gif

Def_logo.jpg

Edited by Reverend Jax
  • Upvote 2

yeah, i felt kinda bad rushing through 2009+ for the most part (H-con, ASC & Haku visit, joel & co return to Oz, etc) but it was getting late and jax was ready to pass out so i figured i'd focus on mostly on-board stuff. we (and others) can and prolly should do a shit-talking about the gatherings sometime.

glad ya'll are liking em so far!

Say whaaaaaaaaat!!!* Nick came through ahead of schedule w/ something. I will dive into these tonight...

*I'll take my order of crow w/ a side of humble pie.

This was a lot of fun. Would totally do this again. On an unrelated note, Hondos-Con probably deserves its own podcast ;)

Oh, that would be sweet! Maybe we could do a phone-in or skype roundtable or something.

again though, we'd tried audacity with multiple PC's for the awards back in like '08 or whenever and that crashed & burned after jax knocked a few plugs loose halfway through so bish couldn't sync them.

then yahve tried using a vent server across a few systems again with audacity and that worked for the first hour or so, then audio clipped out all over the place - so this was our first run with adobe's audition (apparently the new soundbooth), i tried a few dry runs before they all came over but everyone bought tablets that lack USB's, so we had to make it work with one strategically-placed mic accommodating for...cultural pitch, let's say.

...that's what we did. what program are you suggesting that uses multiple input devices, though? because while soundbooth is said to, mic 2 was usually about as receptive as it was with audacity, which is to say it was picking up background noise.

haku - your feedback on an explanation (i know, they both start with e...) is super-appreciated, and its worth is equal to your efforts around here.

almost forgot the :2T:

Heh. Nza, your misuse of "explanation," or perhaps more accurately, your convenient misuse of the word when it better serves your own ego, is telling to say the least. Technical shortcomings aside, the fact it was posted online before the Mayan calendar expired alone exceeded my expectations for this project. I honestly didn't expect to get through more than 5-10 min. However, you three were actually engaging and entertaining w/ your comments, so much so that I continued to tolerate (mostly) the mic issues until the end.

look, i'm down with sassy cat. i know what i'm getting into when you post on things like this.

but honestly? your constant negativity/whiny pot-shots on almost every real effort taken here are tired. they're not remotely funny, and they not-so-quietly discourage things others seem to enjoy just fine - i mean, you must've carried on about the awards videocast 5 times at least, as an example, when i heard you twice the first time. Perhaps your expectations of free community efforts need adjusting.

also, didn't you just say this?

*I'll take my order of crow w/ a side of humble pie.

you should've gone back for seconds.

• Upvote 2

So, for awhile now, I've been compiling a set of Hondo's Screenshots from throughout the years, for eventual use in the History of Hondo's thread in THE HISTORY SUBFORUM.

Thought I might share a few here, since it's relevant and all. This is the earliest one I've found, from March of 2002.

dCtjo.jpg

I think my favorite part is

most users ever online was 8 on Dec. 11 2001, 17:47

Just finished these, some asides:

The baby came after the cancer.

True story: DKS01 was invited by FireDownBelow they used to work together.

In regards to The Knoll: I last heard from Cougar when I had Rum and Cola Comics, Tulip and Sonny held hands and flew off on a rainbow train to crazyville and I've not heard from either of them since, the last I heard of Rasta was just before The Knoll died.

If I ever make it over there or you over here I'm totally down for extending this to Knoll history: we can talk about how MusicManiac's evil first manifested there, how Joel and Delilah ruined everything to the point where I actually created a third forum for Knollians who hated Hondonians to hang out on, and how 2Track and Panch didn't have a lot of crossover success.

which one was Delilah? and if we pull off HCON2 over there, i'm totally down for a history of Scum Pit/Knoll podcast, i think it's mostly you and amber on the mic for that one though no? maybe pedro too? hidden 3rd forum sounded intriguing

A preacher's one, i swear that should be done in waves - i got about 2000 (might be '99, id need a call-in from TulipO) through about when Hondo's started covered, cause i wasnt always there fulltime but the early years i totally was. you (ryan) and co would have a huge segment i'd call "Giant Size X-Men # 1" or something.

lastly: again im thinking we could do another sometime on local meetups and the greatest misses (projects/threads that never saw fruition), if people are down. was there anything else people wanted details on that we didn't cover, though? i tried being thorough on the timeline, but taking so much from the ill-updated history page meant a lotta stuff might still've fallen between the cracks.

Sorry, Delilah is my cutesy name for BunnyFooFoo who I no longer have to pretend I ever liked. I can add some details in on my group of Preacher's folk, the secret origin of Lorelei, how our Tulip created a Hondo's account just to shame DoJ and I chased her back off the board by calling Led Zeppelin Glam Rock, The Grassy Knoll vs. Hondo's and the very real tension that was just beneath the surface of all the levity (I could spend twenty minutes just on that bullshit), and things like that.