Hondo's Bar

Resident Evil 6

The NZA

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just realized I'm not allowed to use the demo code til 7/3.... Yea I hate reading... N fuk u again capcom

UPDATE:

FOOKIN CAPCOM dood... they still havent released the demo on psn yet... the 7/3 date was for xbox only. psn is sept 4th.

Edited by IceManML

• 2 months later...

It plays great. It's got a piece of all 3 campaigns, I played all the way through Leon's demo. His was the most "classic" I guess. Real zombies and whatnot, but still not very scary. Fun still though!

The demo is actually ready to download on PSN (and xbox live I would imagine) if ya just want to DL it on your own account.

that was a good demo!

as axels said, Leon's campaign was my favorite: 24-esque plot craziness, but much of his campaign was enclosed/tighter like old-school RE shit, dont know how much they'll stick to that. horde mode time with the arlam was fun too...the combat's still messy but it gets a bit better each game i guess.

beefcake Chris apparently gets the tacitcal shooter part of the game, new El Gigante was fun as well but that portion felt pretty short.

new guy and whats-her-name wasnt too awful, just swarms of dudes then the BOW's becoming more chicken/dragon-like? anyway if they balance out the campaigns to have different settings/feel like this it could be a pretty cool game. demo got me wanting to get borrow the game off someone in the coming weeks so id say it worked.

• 2 weeks later...

wMQX1.png

Ouch! I just restarted my gamefly and this is on the way. Demo was fun, but I was worried about this. Still early, and I dunno what the average amount of reviewers eventually get in on this (I do my best not to pay attention to them too).

apparently it's a weird russian group bombing them, they're kinda insane and do it to a lotta games as some weird vendetta against sony or something (even on 360 games, to show you how bright they are).

seriously, i dont normally like linking to the blogs but here's a piece on them

aside from that: yeah it looks like a hot mess, shame cause i dug the demo. no redboxes around me have it in stock at the moment, at least closer than hialeah anyway

This game will always be Giraffe Fellatio to me.

I played the GF demo, it didn't do nothin special for me. I couldn't get into the last one either though.

And then I tried to replay Code: Veronica and the tank controls/camera angles make it unplayable for me now.

So I'm down to RE4, which I haven't tried lately. I guess I've slowly just become someone who isn't a fan of the franchise.

after 5, this is a ritual co-op with me & kertins. and i had pretty much the same experience going back to CV, too.

shame, loganses...you're missing out on all all this action! what's that, you wanted horror? haha...no really though, some of the action's fun.

beat leon's campaign, halfway through beefcake chris'...like 5, i suspect im having a lot more fun than most because of said co-op. entire levels are set around splitting you up, covering each other, working to solve puzzles etc etc. this is what RE is now, and it is not in anyway optimized for a single player experience. i think the 3DS one might've been a swan song for folks kind've wanting that still.

...which is to say we're enjoying it, but every few chapters there's a section of QTE's that we basically lose at for nearly 10 angry minutes, look it up online and get back to shooting things. seriously, there was a co-op driving bit last night that seemed nearly impossible, until we had the idea of just switching back to 1 player and letting the PC drive itself for that section. ive had to do that at least once since too - it's not a good look padding your already lengthy game/breaking up the monotony of repetitive shooting sections of chri's game by doing this, capcom. im not normally one to bitch when games switch it up for a minute - i loved the harrier level in bayonetta, and that weird shit kamiya did at the end of DMC, etc - but you've really got to do these things well or not at all, guys.

Yeah I finished Leon's too and only played about 10 minutes of Chris's. It's a really fun game, but the hype of bringing back the scares and everything certainly wasn't delivered on. Probably would have had a much better time in co-op like you're saying. Still way way better than RE5 that's for sure.

so what'd you make of Chris' campaign, Axels?

i mostly didnt dig it, glad to finally have it over after one too many mini-games and QTE deaths -

we mustve died for like nearly 30 minutes on the "RUN FROM THE BOSS" bit in the late part of act 5, buggy controller was partly to blame but even sorting that, it shouldn'tve been that tricky.

finished act 1 of Jake's scenario, already liking it better...long game is kinda long. also sen keeps commenting here & there how much she misses just finding notes & bits of lore about, they really didnt try to do much for atmosphere here. so yeah, we're back to having fun with it but it's amazing how much the last few chapters tried to prevent that.

• 2 months later...