Hondo's Bar

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, that's almost looked like a direction they might take it, if the amount of screentime Flash got in TASM is any sort of clue.

They should just make a The Thing movie, then put him in The Avengers 2.

Edited by axel_napalm

nuts to that; Brock deserves his day in the sun, at least one competent film. then base the next 2 on flash or something.

FF...yeah, fuck that this reboot is happening before Daredevil. i mean hey, they made all those Avenger movies good so i guess it's possible, but when they crossover, Cap and Human Torch is gonna be werid to everyone who's not financing the film.

as the only other Brock fan here, i'd love Baytor's thoughts, but...it's not like Daredevil where i can point to Miller or Bendis runs and say "this could transition into something of an amazing film", Venom has some great fanboy moments and scenes i think would've been absolutely fantastic if worked propelry into something over-arching like 3 was, but as a stand-alone...ive never really read a book/arc i could see working, so i feel like id be more open to a well-written new take the way Blade and others have had.

i wholeheartedly acknowledge it's more an 80s fanboy wish than something i think needs to be done more than a sequel here, though.

I don't see a sequel at all. Chronicle was such a great movie but the ending really doesn't allow for much other than here's some MORE regular kids w/powers. Maybe they'll get some crossed-wire hostility with the cast of the first movie

All one of him. I was trying to avoid having to use tags

. But seriously, I know it's hard to let it just be it's own thing, but like Memento and the first season of American Horror Story, we just have to move on.

Now a decent FF reboot is something I'd watch. Step 1: Make Doom the baddest motherfucker in the room like he's meant to be. As NZA pointed out, too: if they eventually want to do a movie/universe spanning event they're gonna need to reboot and give us a new Johnny Storm with a quickness. Part of the key to making a good FF movie is make Franklin the protagonist. I'm not pitching Baby's Day Out here, but it works a treat for the most memorable FF arcs I've read, and it'll keep things accessible for your average moviegoer.

Edited by alive she cried
Corrected spoiler tags

yeah, im saying if they were gonna do another (which it looks like is happening) im assuming we're looking at a new batch somehwere else, like Demo.

which franklin arc are you pointing at though? i dont recall anything ive read with him that was compelling,

though i keep seeing the future "TO ME MY GALACTUS" thing

Hickman's FF run was decent and where it could it really used Franklin as the centre. I might also be thinking of Millar's less-good run where the recaps came in the form of Valeria's blog(which is still stupid because she outsmarts all of the Richards combined). Idunno, the problem with FF is it's a lot more science-oriented than most other Marvel titles, and they tried on the super-family fighting crime thing and it fucking sucked. They just need to address something to make the movie true to form but keep it accessible.

On Chronicle 2 though, if it must be done? I've been wrong about sequels before and hopefully this will be another instance of that. I have a fairly limited imagination though, so it's not hard to blow my mind.

On Chronicle 2 though, if it must be done? I've been wrong about sequels before and hopefully this will be another instance of that. I have a fairly limited imagination though, so it's not hard to blow my mind.

Yeah, I see your point. It left off nicely, but if the same creative team returned I'd be really interested to see what they come up with. Chronicle was kind of like the yin to Unbreakable's yang. Unbreakable was mostly a superhero origin story w/ a bit of a supervillain mixed in while Chronicle was mostly a supervillain origin story w/ a little bit of a superhero mixed in. Chronicle II (CHRONICLES) could be more about the superhero's journey. Maybe they could even include the found footage gimmick by having the guy film his deeds Peter Parker style. There's possibilities there...

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

Your cancer is flaring up again. Dude seriously, what was wrong with Defendor? I haven't seen Super yet, but I heard it wasn't better. Woody, man! He's cooler than Rain Wilson. /fact

See, I don't know what Logan was talking about as I don't think I have ever admitted hatred of anything he actually likes, just things made by people he likes (except the Dune movie, but whatever), you and Chris however just have terrible taste.

As I said in the relevant thread back in the day, Defendor is a half-assed remake of Blank Man (I know it actually isn't but it hits all the same story beats and the final act attempt to get some sort of dramatic emotion out of me failed.) I have seen Super and it is vastly better, Rain Wilson is not cool in super, that is the point.

Edited by Iambaytor