Hondo's Bar

Tim Schafer returns to Point and Click Adventures!

C_U_SPACECOWBOY

Tim Schafer has decided to forgo the conventional avenues through which games are typically made and go straight to the fans to fund an old school point and click adventure!! Using Kickstarter, he made the video below and asked for $400,000 (300k for the game, and 100k to make a documentary on the development). In just over 24 hours, pledges had already surpassed $1,000,000!! As a HUGE fan of the old graphic adventures (especially those from the Lucasarts camp) this is like a dream come true. I'm definitely going to pony up some support money for this awesome effort! Here's a link to the Kickstarter page.

great topic man, ive literally had the window open on this for like a day or so, was still trying to read through the exact details of it - $15 gets you a steam copy apparently, which sounds cool. the baller 10k+ packages get you a bowling game with the crew, which sounds awesome!

but yeah, gonna put my money where my mouth is tonight: point & click/classic adventure games have seen their biggest revival this gen, and i also wanna encourage that.

Archived