Hondo's Bar

R.I.P. Whitney Houston

The NZA

...is this JZA a meme? is it cool to just hate on pop stars while the body's warm or something?

her singles got played to death in the day, but she was talented, and even if you hated her shit, i don't think ive heard her release anything in at least a decade or more.

She used to be talented, but honestly her death will affect me in NO way what-so-ever except now they will be replaying all her famous songs for the next month. I have no love for her, and she obviously wasted the end of her life and should I be sad for that? She was famous, so what?

Better to be truthful than to feign love like a lot of people who were previously talking shit are now going to do....

• Downvote 1

didn't say to be sad, didn't say to be affected (i'm not either), and yeah logans, i'm not even taking arch's stance of death = sacred except when they're commies. not everything's so binary that you gotta either love it or hate it.

but if you don't give a fuck and others might, what's the point in taking lazy shots? unless it's genuinely funny, you come off as another mouth-breather with nothing to say. i don't really get the point of shitting up a thread like that.

I agree with Nick. His joke in spoiler tags in his original post was clever enough to be merited, but "drugs CAn do good things!" is not clever at all. It's just trollish dickery. I don't care one way or another about Whitney Houston, but reading lazy asshole bullshit from people that wish they were edgy makes me want to care about Whitney Houston.

Edited by Reverend Jax

A separate thread for the lighter side of celebrity death and leave the ladies to their Daquiris?

Why make it just for celebrity death jokes? How about a whole separate forum for unfunny, hacky, faux-edgy, troll dickheads? Then all the "haha, I'm glad this person is dead, fart!" crap can go in there, and everyone whose mother or father did love them enough and who don't need attention from anonymous people on the Internet to fill that void in their life can stay and post here. I have to say, I like the sound of that compromise.

Wow...that's...I don't...

That's exactly what I want to hear from 33% of the global mods. /impressed

If you have something you want a universal mod's help on, you should PM the three of us. I'm usually awake when Nick is asleep, and have more flexibility to address an issue while I'm at work that Ray-Ray does, because I am the boss there.

Edited by Reverend Jax

Let's talk about Whitney Houston.

Final performance. Hard to tell from the res, but she seems relatively healthy. Not strung out at least. Maybe shit just caught up with her? Or maybe...

znnrY.jpg

I told you I wouldn't do it in a couple of hours, I waited a full day!

Edited by Thelogan

Anyways.

This is freaky. Cathy and I were just talking about Whitney Houston dying last week. I was commenting, hypothetically of course, that the only way she could be relevant again is if she died. I think that what happened to MJ would happen to her. That all the negative stuff would go away and the world would embrace her again. Man, I called that one. Maybe I have some powers that I don't know of. Hmmm... two words. Kim Kardashian.

Edited by Panch