Hondo's Bar

New Game Trailers and Previews

Newtype

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm currently working on a bit on Maniac Mansion - in a online research session, I noticed the word 'Thimbleweed' being referenced A LOT.

I think I may have caught a blurb on this game here awhile back - LOL - but, I have nooo idea how this game's release went by under my radar:  'specially being billed as the spiritual successor to 'Maniac and Monkey'!

Came out in Sept - and it's on Switch!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTCL5Tz2Elmso12frnj64

I've read they actually did exclusive 'Special Edition' physical releases for this game.

Seeing how 'Grim, DOTT and the Monkey HD games' never got the 'en masse' physical release treatment - I wouldn't bet on waiting for a 'cartridge / disc' version.  I'll just hafta take this digital.

'Lucasarts HD Collection Boxset' would be bought in second.

I heard about it in passing, but I haven't checked it out yet. I always try to keep up with whatever Ron Gilbert is working on. After finally watching the trailer, I'll probably pick it up soon, too.

As a side note, my brother-in-law (Joel) actually worked on a game with him. Check out the Deathspank series, at some point. More of an action/loot type game, but the humor is there. My wife actually spent some time with Joel and Ron while they were working on it, and I shit you not, a character in the game is totally based on her.

• Like 2

There are three games:

1. DeathSpank (or Deathspank: Orphans of Justice)
  2. DeathSpank: Thongs of Virtue
  3. The Baconing

If I remember correctly, The Baconing was made after Hothead and Ron parted ways (for reasons that still aren't discussed at family get togethers), but is probably my favorite game in the series. Unfortunately, it was also Hothead's last non-mobile title, which stinks (IMO), but whatever works works, right?

• 3 months later...
55 minutes ago, Newtype said:

While that looks really cool....I dunno...it seems like they're trying a little too hard to sell a Tetris game?

I mean it uses the Unreal Engine for Christ's sake. I don't know how Earth-shattering a Tetris game can be, but I guess we'll see?

• 3 months later...