Hondo's Bar

New Game Trailers and Previews

Newtype

...Ristar is an actual classic! i was an Alex Kidd fan growing up but yeah, i can't defend that. Comix Zone isn't a bad game!

genesis-wise here, you've got Sonic (a classic) and Altered Beast....yeah. i know people remember it for being an early pack-in, and it made sense at the time since it was a good arcade port, but i was never really a huge fan. if the next collection shows up, you'll get some really good ones though, like Shinobi 3, Streets of Rage etc. they're not all gonna be winners!

okay okay okay, let's talk about the collections you got, though

the PS2 one took some from the Sega AGES line of remakes in that era - there's some really good ones on there (i dug Alien Syndrome, Virtua Racing & a number of others) and some that should've been left in japan (why did they choose that art style for Golden Axe?!). it's not bad for the $10 or so it costs, but when you look at how many gems that line got that didn't make it here, i'll agree with you that they could've had better choices.

for 360, i'm assuming you're talking about Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, which compared to a host of their earlier collections (GBA one, the Smash Pack on Dreamcast was particularly disappointing) i thought this was great. all the Phantasy Stars, Fatal Labrynth, ESWAT, Beyond Oasis, all the Sonics, all the Streets of Rages, Dynamite Headdy, Alien Storm and then some that i personally adore like Decap Attack, Gain Ground, and Bonanza Bros. i wanna say you get Shinobi 3 and the arcade one too. speaking of, Fantasy Zone & Zaxxon arcades were cool unlockables, and i wish more people gave Golden Axe Warrior a chance - it's the most blatant zelda clone, but it does some things even better.

Kid Chameleon, Flicky, the later Golden Axes, Altered Beast, Super Thunder Blade etc are the fat, but there's not much given what's on there. my biggest regret was that they didn't re-secure the rights to ToeJam & Earl in time, personally.

so yeah, i don't always agree with their choices - personally, i wish M2 would drop Genesis titles entirely & just focus on arcade goodness, but too many folks want the same sonic/etc it seems - and while i can name 10-20 first party games i'd rather see on these things than Ecco or even Vectorman, i think there's a lotta quality on the last few collections.

WHOA - just bumped into this on the 3DS E-Shop. It just came out about a month ago! $29.99 and there is a retail (physical) version. Strange - you'd think they would've blasted the interwebs w/ some form of...marketing. I couldn't even find a NA trailer!

EDIT: BARF!

Edited by Little Nemo McFly

yeah, Natsume sold them directly from their store - got my copy, with a cool keychain too!

340580.jpg?b64lines=V2VsbCwgd2h5IGRpZG4ndCB5b3UKdGVsbCB0aGUgcmVzdCBvZiB1cz8=

342248.jpg?b64lines=V2h5IGRpZCB5b3UKa2VlcCBpdCBhIHNlY3JldD8h

LOL! Awesome! Yeah, I did a bit of research into this - people are calling this 2016s sleeper hit for the 3DS! I looked around - it isn't in any store anywhere near me. Looks like it's been sold out on Natsume's Amazon store, too. I found a few copies for sale online - I gotta have this game.

giphy.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^its a bit pricey for some ROMs but that packaging is gorgeous.

ive had a repro cart of Seiken Densetsu 3 (Mana 2 i guess?) forever now and have yet to play it, if this thing magically gets localized i'm in. ive heard good about that game for like decades now, and what ive seen looked incredible for an SNES.

Secret of Mana's score gets me - every...freakin'...time. Irresistible. I was obsessed w/ that game when it first launched on SNES. My bud had the multi-tab (from Super Bomberman) - we use to 3-Player the hell outta that game. Beat it - max out stats - then do it again. I recently (bout a couple o years ago) did a co-op playthrough w/ my gf on the Wii VC. It's a different kinda game playing w/ buds - the coordinating, team work...almost an arcade-like experience. Secret of Evermore should've been co-op.

If a game like that gets the online treatment on Switch...

apu-colibri-o.gif

Eh - but this package is pretty much confirming it ain't.

I've had the Densetsu 3 ROM for decades now - LOL - I can't play that shit in Japanese. It's impossible - but yeah, it is an AMAZING-looking SNES game. Here's hoping this n' Mother 3 finally get 'the treatment'.

^ It's out now?! I thought this thing was coming in October! Checked out the previous post w/ the trailer - clearly sez October!

(shrugs) think I might end up gettin it. I think local Mario baseball could be fun. If any 3DS owners want to get sum Hondo League online team-thing goin' (which I have no idea how it works) - could be fun, too.

I've been hearing from sum folks who - reside in the Seattle area - that the game has an all-around performance boost (online / offline) - a ground-up overhaul, not just a Wii U port w/ more content. Cool! Kinda jelly...and pissed. I bought all the DLC for this already.

This - Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey and VC gotta b a thing before I...'SWITCH'.

That punchline is patent-pending.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...