Hondo's Bar

Parks and Recreation

• 1 month later...

So I've been meaning to check this out but heard the first season kinda sucks. Thoughts?

Skip to season 2. Even loving the show like I do now, outside of a few good Ron moments & Andy moments it's still pretty average. I Get the feeling they didn't know what they were doing with the characters and once they made those key adjustments the quality of the show just skyrockets.

@Loggins- A +1 isn't enough for Ron Sworchach, so keep an eye out for the army of dingoes I shall send to do your bidding. Give them three babies' names...

So I've been meaning to check this out but heard the first season kinda sucks. Thoughts?

S1 is only 6 or so episodes I think. Leslie started off much more of a Michael Scott type--this has the same creatove team as The Ofice and they replaced the lead a (dopey, mostly incompetent male manager) with a dopey, mostly incompetent female bureaucrat. The show found its legs when it made Leslie more of a Type-A, hyperfocused workaholic w/ a strange love of her hometown and waffles.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
Little Sebastian 4 Life

Yeah, the show had to find its groove and its rhyme, but a lot of great shows don't have it all figured out right away, but I don't think they were as bad as a lot of people say, but I haven't gone back to rewatch them since their aired, so maybe I'm wrong. I still think the first few episodes of 30 Rock are among the entire series' worst. they can't all start out as strong as Arrested Development did.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...