Hondo's Bar

The Walking Dead

Cathy

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Walking_Dead_(video_game)

The Walking Dead is an upcoming episodic video game based on Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead comic book series. The game is underdevelopmentby Telltale Games. [3] The Walking Dead's release date was first planned to be set in the last months of2011 [4] but production and developmentof the projectwere, delayed to untill early 2012. The game will consist of five episodes, with the firstepisode scheduled to be released on 25th April 2012.

Kirkman has said that,unlike typicalzombie games such as Left 4 Dead, it will focus more on characterization and emotion than action. [5]

The game will feature cross-genre of both adventure and action, in which, like in the previous Telltale titles, the player must make use of inventoryitems and environment, however,unlike in them,the played characters will have limited time to do so and could die in the process. The game is told from the point of view of a new character named Lee Everett, and he will be the only controllable character in the game.

The following characters have been confirmed to be in-game: Glenn, Hershel, Clementine, Lee Evertt,Lilly, Carley.

The Walking Dead Game will be available on multiple platforms via PlayStation Network, Xbox Live Arcade, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X as well as iOS App Store (NOTE, Game will be released later on the iOS App Store).

References

1. ^ "PAX East 2011: Telltale Talks Puzzle Agent 2" . Inside Gaming Daily. Retrieved 2011-12-11. 2. ^ "The Walking Dead gets new life with dev webseries, Playing Dead" . Joystiq. Retrieved 2012-02-23. 3. ^ Molina, Brett (2011-02-18). "Telltale Games developing 'Walking Dead' video game" . USA Today. Retrieved 2011-03-08. 4. ^ Miller, Greg (2011-02-17). "Walking Dead Video Game Lives" . IGN. Retrieved 2011-03-08. 5. ^ Robert Kirkman on 'Walking Dead' season two: 'You haven't seen anything yet'

]

Telltale_WalkingDead_Feb_153small.jpg

Picnik%20collage.jpg

Edited by Cathy

This does look pretty cool :) not a huge fan of the episodic games (jurassic park, back t o the future) but I'll definitely give this a go.

i pretty much feel this way - i love sam & max but the latest telltale stuff didn't really get my interest. ill demo this for sure though.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so this is actually pretty fun. Probably alot of that has to do with bias on the subject matter, but it's alot like Heavy Rain lite with zombies. Kinda like playing a motion comic even. Which actually seems like a pretty good next step.

Ah man, just finished episode one and I'm sold on these. Not bad at all for 5 bucks, plus a nice chunk of replay value when it comes to the choices you can make. It gives you a breakdown of what percentage of players did what compared to you which is pretty neat. All in all not a bad little DL title.

Yep, and they're earned from basically watching cutscenes. Really though this is a nice little substitute until season 3 or if you're in between books. Writing is on par with both (if not disjointed due to cutscene editing). And again, 5 bucks!

I set this to download yesterday and totally forgot about it until around midnight, right before I was going to bed. Figured I'd fire it up real quick just to 'check it out.' Ended up playing through the whole damn thing (granted it's only about 2 hours). I was sceptical when I heard about Tell Tale picking up the liscences for this (yay for episodic, huh? for graphic adventure), Jurassic Park (haven't played that one) and Fables, all properties which don't exactly scream Point and Click.

Walking Dead is closer to thier typical formula than I was expecting, but it actually works better than I would have thought possible. They manage to mix it up in some interesting ways so it's not all Use>>>Hammer>>>Zombie. There's also significant choices and consequences based on you dialog and action, which you almost NEVER see in a point and click, and if the trailer for Episode 2 is any indication, there are going to be some crazy complex decision trees as we cascade five episodes (eat your heart out Mass effect!!).

Bring on the next one already!

I wasn't really sold until the motel scene, but then I'm a sucker for stealth.

Well, I figured since I started this thread, I better be up on the game play. Sooo, just downloaded it and played just the first scene. (errands & all, you know). I liked Heavy Rain so this is definitely up my alley. I can't JUST get the first episode, so naturally, I bought them all in advance. Or should I say, Panch bought them for me. Like a dumbass, I played under his sign-in, so he got the first trophy. Stupid! Anyway, this is the game I'm kicking him off the PS3 for. Move over, Panchy. It's MY turn. :)

• 1 month later...

IGN - The Walking Dead: Episode 2 comes out this week (XBL-Wed, PSN-Fri)

The wait is over. The Walking Dead: The Game Episode 2 is coming this week. Yes, in a bit of last minute news, Episode 2: "Starving For Help" will land on Xbox Live tomorrow. PC and PS3 versions of the second of five downloadable episodes will arrive on Friday. Those dates are international with the exception of PS3; European PS3 users will have their own date to be announced later.

Developer Telltale Games just makes it in the "June" release window the creators targeted back in May. A company spokesperson said the announcement of the dates comes so late because Telltale had to wait "until all of their platform partners confirmed their publishing schedules."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Episode 3 just came out. Anyone on this, or waiting for the whole shebang to be released?

Fucking Lilly man.... I wanted to like her, but you can't just shoot Carly in the face. Apparently this Lilly is the same one in the comics who kills Lori and the baby.

• 4 weeks later...