Hondo's Bar

Dishonoured

Thelogan

Dishonoured Debut Trailer!

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="437" height="288" id="viddler_CMS_3,397"><param name="movie" value="//www.viddler.com/player/6e3af7b0/"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="allowFullScreen"value="true"/><param name="flashVars" value="f=1&openURL=28333957&autoplay=f&loop=false&nologo=false&hd=false"/><embed src="//www.viddler.com/player/6e3af7b0/" width="437" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" allowNetworking="all" name="viddler_CMS_3,397" flashVars="f=1&openURL=28333957&autoplay=f&loop=false&nologo=false&hd=false"></embed></object>

Gorgeous.

Skyrim + Assassin's Creed + Bioshock + Thief?

This one may deserve it's own thread.

Now to decide if that's gonna be day 1 material..... or wait for the boat load of inevitable patches that come with a Bethesda game that may or may not make it run the way it should.

who am I kidding, I want to shoot knives into people's throats in slo mo!

This is not a Bethesda-developed game, it's made by a small studio named Arkane that was acquired by Zenimax two years ago. Bethesda Softworks is only publisher here. Arkane's past works include Dark messiah of Might and Magic, and Arx Fatalis. They might have assistance from Bethesda Game Studio though. Harvey Smith (Thief's Step-Dad) is co-project manager. Viktor Antonov, designer of Half-life 2's particular environment, is also on board.

So buy away, young Axels!

I'm going to have to wait for some hands-on. It looks too awesome to be true.

B3riP.jpg

Suspicious, yet want. They sure do make a mean trailer. Like they did for Prey 2, which is now delayed for quality reasons. And it's bethesda, so buying it day one is inferior to buying GotYwDLC edition. Also, Bethesda, so bugs.

Edited by Maldron

I was fooled with the whole Obsidian-New Vegas thing.... I want gameplay footage though, cause bugs or no, that's gonna be the important stuff.

Ok here's a teeny tiny bit. well more of a description of the gameplay.

Edited by axel_napalm

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

(I fucking hope someone tells me it's) delayed til 2014.

I think Bethesda folks are biased to hardware? Apparently only system to not have AMD/ATI processors is sony machines. (tho wii u, 720, and ps4 will all have AMD processors this time).

Seriously I expect this game to be littered w bugs on ps3. Just when you think a game can't get anymore detailed. Fukin a this game looks good.

Pre order bonuses. They're confirmed for UK, just replace a couple of these stores Tesco or Asda or some shit.

Gamestop gets a physical set of Dishonoured tarot cards and The Arcane Assassins Pack, which give you

Void Channel - powers duration and bonus damage

Gutter Feast - White rat consumption for mana

White rat Friend - Whit rats are not hostile

Best Buy - A USB whale oil lamp. Don't know if it's a thumb drive or an actual lamp.

The Shadow Rat Pack

Deep Breather - Underwater breathing capacity bonus

Delicate touch - Breaking glass noise reduction

Voyeur - keyhole peeping magnification

Amazon - The Backstreet Butcher Pack

Fencer - Sword vs. Sword advantage bonus

Fire Water - increased whiskey bottle explosions

Blast Resistant - Reduced explosion damage taken

Walmart - Acrobatic Killer pack

Raven - Health Bonus for drop down assassination

River affinity - increased swimming speed

Quick dodge - bolt/arrow dodging bonus

I imagine all of these abilities are fairly easy to get, it's basically what starting bonus you want to have. I assume.

I don't particularly car about the physical swag, but I' m leaning towards Gamestop. The rat abilities sound like I'd get the most use out of them early on, regardless of character type.

Ah yeah, that's a hell of a cast. Brad Dourif is kinda underrated as an actor I think. At least nowadays. I still think if the Nolan-verse got a DKR(eturns), he'd be a shoe in to play old joker. Well at least a good choice, if they were gonna do an older rendition of Ledger's Joker. Chucky sounds an awful lot like him.

Edited by axel_napalm

Are you credibly trying to tell me that Brad Dourif is an 'underrated' actor? The man was Charles Lee Ray and stuttering Billy ffs! Surely the man's gotten his props for that alone. Assumedly his IMDB is rich with awesome movies and tv.

HIs involvement in this game is pretty great though, alongside the rest of that list.

(Yes, I know you weren't talking to me)

What I'm saying is that if you say the name "Brad Dourif" to even an avid movie goer, they will generally give you a blank stare, despite that he's been in some of the greatest movies ever.

He's just one of those guys.

I think underrated certainly fits.

Those people are idiots then. I love that the fact that my brain retains and collates this kind of data better than normal people and I'm the one with a developmental disorder.

Looks like we're only getting the stealth pack edition in AU, since our only other major competitor to Ebgames/gamestop went insolvent a few months ago.