Hondo's Bar

Dishonoured

Thelogan

I love that the fact that my brain retains and collates this kind of data better than normal people and I'm the one with a developmental disorder.

You would also pull the legs off of an Ethiopian and silently watch to see how fast the blood coagulates. Your brain just pulled a Murdock and enhanced some of the processes that you actually notice to make up for the ones you don't.

Just sayin' you're a dangerous monster is all. If only you could use your powers for good.

Hahaha brilliant. Nope, I'm the regular kind of housebroken beast that means no harm to his human captors, just struggles for acceptance and not to get beaten with the switch too often.

Good thing though, because if I wasn't, some arbitrarily picked social class/grouping would be fucked.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, go watch/read some reviews...it'd be a good day to call in sick tommorow...a REALLY good day.

It looks like it is a match up between Half-Life 2, Bioshock, Thief, Fable 3, and Fallout 3/NV. Plus it has a good story, good voice acting, good gameplay, and everything else. This was one of those games I have been iffy about since I first read about it, but after some of the reviews, it looks like my doubt has been all for naught.

Edited by Mortiis558

So here is Mort's 2 hour review...

First word: Fucking Awesome!

Second Word: WTF!! I didn't want to kill that guy!! Wtf you mean Irreconsilable Violence?!?!? I have to restart???

Well after playing this wonderful new game from some company called Arkane...I have some opinions to divulge whether they are wanted or not.

You start out as some lordly protector dude, watch helplessly as a chick gets killed and her daughter stolen and you get blamed for it and sent to jail.

Your jail visit and subsequent escape set up the game and help get the basics mechanics of the game out of the way. You can run, sneak, shoot pistols, crossbows (a little later on), block and attack with swords, choke people out (non-death) or sneak kill them. There is no cover button, so you pretty much just sneak behind a crate and look out with Q or E to see what you need to see.

There are different paths you can take through every level and lots of places to find secrets. Once you get out of the jail and sewers, you pretty quickly get your powers. There are two levels to each power (maybe more later I dont know). These powers are all pretty much seen in any review so I won't go over them, except to say that the Blink power, is really damn cool. I haven't messed with the rat powers yet, but they seem like they have potential, and later on you can even inhabit humans, though your control is limited to walking around and picking stuff up.

The city (and missions) themselves are broken up into basically little mini-sandboxes. The whole city isn't available to explore, but each part of the city open to you during a respective mission is still big enough to have fun exploring and trying out different ways of getting past the checkpoints. You could say, hack and make it through that way, take over a rat and crawl through a small hole, Blink up or climb up onto the roof and just climb over the wall, or just kinda kill everyone. I would say the game almost wants you to be a person who sneaks around and does stuff covertly, as that seems most logical, but you could if you wanted just run in guns blazing and swords swinging. Or try to find a way to bypass all the baddies and not have to deal with them at all.

It is just that all the parts when put together work nicely. No matter what you do or how you do it it is all viable and most of all fun. This will be a game where you go through one way while always wondering what going through a different way will bring. Which means more reasons for a second or third playthrough.

So far 9/10. I just hope the sandboxes get bigger.

This game is fucking awesome. the layout of the areas reminds me of the Darkness (1). You'll pick up missions and other objectives involving other folks in each area. I was hoping for bigger as well, but this set up is nice considering the amount of choices you have are brain imploding.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea I guess I took the stealthy path with this game which gets really frustrating..

Especially when you go back to the castle (I said fukit on that part)

I think since its pretty linear I defect to another game.. but at the same time I defected to borderlands which my friends play a lot n now AC3

where Ben Franklin is giving me pointers on fuking disease ridden older women

Overall I think it's the fact that this game is hard as balls. I feel hella accomplished after getting through a lvl. Tho the imperfect stats at the end tears my heart out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Knife of Dunwall DLC

Bethesda has announced that Dishonored’s Knife of Dunwall downloadable content will hit Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on April 16th in America. In Europe, it'll hit the Xbox 360 and PC on that date, but PS3 owners will have a tiny delay, getting it on April 17th instead. The pack will cost $9.99/£7.99/€9.99/AU$14.45 (800 Microsoft Points) and allows players to take on the role of Daud, the mysterious assassin who killed the Empress at the beginning of Dishonored.

According to Bethesda, players will have access to new weapons, gadgets and abilities as Daud and will “embark on a search for redemption” in Knife of Dunwall. Daud’s abilities include “Summon Assassin,” which calls upon the Whalers, Daud’s “loyal band of mercenary assassins.” Daud will also utilize Void Gaze, which tracks down hidden Runes and Bone Charms, as well as his own variation of Blink, the teleportation power seen in the core game. Daud will also use Chokedust, which dazes enemies, Stun Mines to shock targets and a concealed Wristbow that can fire sleep darts and explosive bolts.

• 2 years later...