Hondo's Bar

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

Keth

congrats axels! and yeah, keep your impressions coming - ive heard similar, others saying it's way different but there's often biases about so it's hard to tell. i imagine it feels like the mario kart/blue shell type shit is missing, yeah? no random items etc?

Actually it looks like there are some random powerups and items. I picked up a bazooka on one match, and some runngin shoes (Hermes'?) on another. It's definitely got alot to polish up, but if they can (and use the beta as intended) then this could be a real fun game. Basically the beta is a very vanilla version. You can play as Helghast, Kratos, Fat Princess, Sly Cooper, Pa Rappa, and Sweet Tooth. Pick one and then you are randomly matched up. It's hard to tell how much damage you're doing also and there's no indication of a winner til after the match. This seems like it could be easily fixed though, especially since that seems to be a settings oriented feature, and there aren't any game modes to choose from yet. Still nice and early, so I'm really hoping they pull this together.

• 3 weeks later...

I sure hope the full game has a training mode, cause I'm still pretty meh on the gameplay. It just doesn't feel as smooth as Smash Bros (I probably shouldn't compare it to that fully, but I think that's all anyone has). The open demo will probably have more options too so I'll look forward to that. This might a be a fun one for some of us to have an online get together for.

Also Evil Cole has been added as well. The lineup is indeed getting better.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know all the things about PS1 era characters. Blasto, Gex, Jersey Devil... Do you know the name of the bad guy in Tiny Tank? OF COURSE YOU FUCKING DON'T!

But I do...

i4eHoXyGUmvmv.gif

I always forget that Insomniac (like Naughty Dog) builds up game series and then throws them away like the dirty whores they are. So while we get Jak, Daxter, and Nathan Drake, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon will sadly not be showing up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...