Hondo's Bar

The Cock Game

Boogie

Seriously? That movie is as old as I am and the plot twist is better known than the actual plot of the movie. Oh by the way you guys Rosebud is Cain's sled, Snape kills Dumbledore, Tyler Durden is a construct of the main character's mind, Norma Bates is dead but her son dresses as her and murders people, the aliens are hurt by water, Bruce Willis was a ghost the entire time, the village is actually some sort of weird cult in modern times, she's really just a chubby depressed middle-aged woman and the internet romance was fake the whole time, the fifth element is love, Luke and Leia are brother and sister, Anakin turns evil, Indiana Jones outruns the rock, Lester dies at the end, the calls are coming from inside the house, and Po actually is the dragon warrior.

Famous movies. Well known outside their fanbase. Thus, bad examples for your argument. Name me someone that hasn't seen that movie that even is aware of it.

Ask anyone what the crying game is about and they'll say "Guy falls in love with a girl that's really a dude." Without looking it up on IMDB can you even tell me the plot?

Still a poor example. It is that well known because it's in the mainstream consciousness. Can you say the same of the other movie?

This conversation should be moved to another thread. Do we have a thread for this kind of subject?

Subject being how far should one feel obligated to go to avoid spoiling a movie that has been out for _______ period of time for someone who hasn't seen it?

Edited by Lycaon