Hondo's Bar

Andre 3K to play Jimi Hendrix in biopic

andre.jpg

Andre 3000 to play Jimi Hendrix in biopic

May 7, 2012, 9:03 PM EST

WENN

Andre 3000 has landed the role of a lifetime. The Outkast star is set to play Jimi Hendrix in an upcoming biopic, which is set to be filmed in Ireland.

The biopic, titled "All Is By My Side," will depict Hendrix's time in England in the 1960s when he recorded his debut album "Are You Experienced."

Bing: Ashton Kutcher to play Steve Jobs

The film, to be directed by "Three Kings" writer John Ridley, will also document Hendrix's early years playing in small New York clubs before he moved to London to begin recording with his band The Jimi Hendrix Experience.

It is believed Ireland will fill in for locations the guitarist visited in the British capital. According to the Irish Film and Television Network, production is scheduled to begin next month.

Plus: Jewel to play June Carter in biopic

source

i didn't hate the Doors biopic like others did, looking forward to this now cause i think dre's a great cast. ASC better take this as the gift it is, is all i'm sayin.

Didn't they already do some kind of low rent Jimi story already? Not that they shouldn't do a better one though. The Doors movie was pretty cool to me. Hopefully they do this right. Still curious to see Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury.

1) it just strikes me as a really good casting call, his style/lyrical content strikes me like he gets the dude and will do him justice

2) i admit i didnt see Idlewild or Four Brothers but he was good in The Shield and i've not heard anything bad about his acting - there's a lotta hip-hop acts i love that don't cross over to acting well (Nas, etc - compared to say Pac, Cube and the like), but i've not heard/seen that from him

3) go listen to ATLiens and shut yo mouf

I love that all you've gone off is an episode of the Shield where he appears for about 20 seconds as a concerned comic shop owner

ASC- I can assure you his acting is impeccable in many of his music video cameos, and he was alright in Be Cool. I recall seeing Four Brothers but nothing else about it or it's parts.

'Sides. It's 3G's. I'd watch him play Charles Manson, saucer-eyed for 3 fuckin' hours were the opportunity to present itself.

man why you gotta bust balls

that shit was at least half a minute, and as i recall, the season episode highlight

Vic Mackey's opposite number and you wanna call Andre hosing down dealers the highlight? TV is wasted on you, sir. :arty:

Big Boi's contractually not gonna be involved though, unless he or 3K's labels allow it, which they haven't done for a collabo album for years now. pretty doubtful...unlike, say, the chances of Andre knocking this outta the park.

• 3 weeks later...