Hondo's Bar

Batman vs the Marvel Universe

The NZA

Batman vs Marvel U  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cyke is very no -nonsense these days. I think in a two-men-enter, one-man-leaves scenario, he's going to end it as soon as possible.

He has a purpose in life that fills him with righteousness: the protection of his species. I don't think he would lose much sleep over a quick murder, because he sees himself as being important to his people. More important than his moral qualms.

The only defense Batman is going to have against him is dodging and getting in close. For Batman to take the fight, he would have to end things very, very fast. Probably before the 2nd blast. And he isn't the type to go all out in the beginning either.

iceman - the batman/hulk fight totally happened, but looking at it again, i kinda agree with the guy @ the link - it's bullshit because hulk is more like the TV show hulk. not saying bruce has no shot at that tier hulk (prep time, etc) but i don't think it's a great example of how it'd go down. and cmon, he's beaten Thor in slug-fests but that doesn't mean much in a bats/thor fight, where he's not gonna be inclined to test himself against something that scores points in vallhalla and shit.

and yeah axels, i think you're thinking of 90's cyk. this one we've had for the last few years ran hit squads, and seems just about as likely to think twice about your death as magneto would. correct me if im wrong logans (didnt finish schism), wasnt his big falling out with :wolvy: that he (cyk) was finally more eager to kill than he was?

It was mainly that Cyke was more willing to put children in the front lines of combat "for the greater good".

I think there was a but of resentment from Wolvie that Cyke unapologetically used him as a tool for killing too, and wasn't always completely honest about the motivations behind the jobs. The poor fuzzy bastard is prone to that shit, and he holds a grudge once he realizes "dammit...I fell for it again, huh?"

Well shit, I gotta read that stuff then. I mean, I read Whedon's Astonishing X-Men (thanks again Logan) and saw Cyclops' badassery on that end, but I guess he's gone beyond that huh?

to the Schism thread!

FYI: Dr. Strange is currently not that awesome, he lost the lion's share of his badass magic powers when he got kicked out of the sorcerer supreme chair. For a while there his fingers were all fucked up again, I'm not sure if he fixed that or not but it left him pretty weak.

Daredevil - This would be a really close battle, but I think Bats would edge it. Daredevil's weakness to sound would be his downfall

Iron Fist - Not easy, but the clear victor

Ghost Rider - Not a chance in hell ( :drumroll:)

Black Panther - Don't know the character well enough

Hawkeye - Clear winner here

The Punisher - This would be a lot closer than all of you seem to think, and given prep time Frank would take him

Nova - Don't know the character well enough

Blade - Another clear victory

Iron Man - I just can't see how Batman would have a chance. The speed, flight and strength the suit gives him?

Moon Knight - Don't know the character well enough

Thor - Over before it starts

Spider-Man - No chance for Bats here either

The Hulk (any version) - Hulk smash

Dr. Strange - Magic and shit

The Thing - I could be overestimating The Thing here, but can't see how Batman could even hurt him.

Cyclops - Go for the eyes

Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) - Easy win here

Magneto - "Nice utility belt Batman, now let me use it to cut you in half"

The Punisher - This would be a lot closer than all of you seem to think, and given prep time Frank would take him

Spoken like a true Ennis whore fan, I assure you he's really not as awesome as you think he is. Your average Punisher Villian would be dealt with in the opening pages of a Batman story.

Yes, even this guy:

129627421148.jpg

• Upvote 2

Spoken like a true Ennis whore fan, I assure you he's really not as awesome as you think he is. Your average Punisher Villian would be dealt with in the opening pages of a Batman story.

Oh so I'm not to base my views of the character on the best stories written about him?

Maybe we should redo this poll so, Marvel's best vs

bat183.jpg

Yes, even this guy:

129627421148.jpg

+1...you bastard

Oh so I'm not to base my views of the character on the best stories written about him?

Maybe we should redo this poll so, Marvel's best vs

bat183.jpg

Maaaan, Silver Age Batman would kick everyone's ass in a pink leotard with a talking duck on his shoulder. You don't even wanna evoke that chicanery.

I'm just saying, Ennis over-does it a bit on Frank Castle. Yes, he is smart, yes he is really really good at killing people, but I get the impression that for Ennis Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe is how that would actually go down when in reality he'd still get his ass kicked by someone who's half-way good at thinking. Like, say, Norman Osborne who flat out killed him. On the head-smarts level and the trickery level, Batman is just better than Frank, he's a better fighter too. Go read the 2 Batman/Punisher crossovers, they're very 90s but everybody feels in character.

I think it's safe to say that batman's best weapon is preparedness. With out this to fall back on batman doesn't really match up to a lot of these guys. Unless you're talking about guys like daredevil. but even then... That "Spur of the moment" clause that was put in the stipulation means a hell of a lot.

It was mainly that Cyke was more willing to put children in the front lines of combat "for the greater good".

I think there was a but of resentment from Wolvie that Cyke unapologetically used him as a tool for killing too, and wasn't always completely honest about the motivations behind the jobs. The poor fuzzy bastard is prone to that shit, and he holds a grudge once he realizes "dammit...I fell for it again, huh?"

Yea the last time i even payed any attention to cyclops was in the late 90s after he was still putting pussy on the pedastal with the white queen... but then getting no pusy at all today. So I would think hes more worried about spending his time in s strip club..? I must also read this "new stuff" cuz he has always been strong resolved, but his morals have always held him back. You take his moral awaredness away, hell disintegrate anayting save a demi god-capable char.

Cyclpops' morals these days consists of "if it threatens the safety of a mutant, it is to be dealt with by any means necessary".

I'm waiting for the big reveal that Emma's entire purpose this whole time was to slowly twist him into a villain. His current core team consists of the most prolific mutant terrorist ever, the host of the demonic entity known as Cyttorak, a former member of the inner circle of The Hellfire Club, a girl who was kidnapped and raised by a demonic wizard and grew up in a place very much like hell, who has no qualms against stealing the odd soul or two, and the physical embodiment of The Danger Room, who immediately tried to murder everyone upon gaining sentience.

Right now, if someone so much as pointed a gun at a mutant, Cyclops would cut them down before they took a second breath.

So does that mean he's no longer an x-man? I understand white queen is the leader now... (she should be goin up against batman n take him down basic instinct style)

I understand that the 3rd summers brother is a straight up baller... I mean if nova is up here, should we have compared this guy to batman? N apparently the starjammers leader since he's spawning these ridiculously powerful mutants...

I just think scott summers is the most uncool marvel character save for x-men children of the atom.

Oh how I envy ya'll's innocence.

twnas.jpg

It's actually been pretty cool lately. I only regularly follow Wolverine &, Uncanny, Astonishing and X-Factor, but none of 'em have been "bad".

Disclaimer: I'm a few issues behind on Astonishing and it has a new creative team for this story arc, so it may very well suck. The last arc was fun though.

And yeah, I'll probably move this. I tend to derail shit.

So, how about that Batman, eh?

a camel toe of top-class breeding, dear

im still not getting where at least a few serious votes think bats takes spidey, that's....spidey is tremendously stronger and faster than cap or wolvy, has fought basically everyone in the marvel U (i think logans mentioned how good he is at improvising & thinking on his feet), wisecracks/is insecure but is genuinely very smart, and has a spider-sense that warns of everything in that utility belt. thinking about it, he might be one of the hardest of that roster for bats to take.

• 2 months later...

i thought that was weird too, leaving wayne's cars out i guess because they covered his other automobiles? and its not like stark doesnt get around just fine in that suit. either way, he's a bigger baller, is the point.