Hondo's Bar

Batman vs the Marvel Universe

The NZA

Batman vs Marvel U  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's true, and it's a pretty badass superpower.

These are based on movies though. You know comic book Batman spends a lot more than that. He has irradiated alien rocks synthesized and shit.

What was that story where he just polices Gotham with remote controlled robots? Was that Kindgom Come or an Elseworlds?

Anyway, the same thing applies to Iron Man, and he still comes out ahead. They're just small numbers is all I'm sayin.

i think the same thing about Xavier's mansion...that thing used to regularly go up in flames every few months, that's gotta be costly when you're housing dozens of mutants with none of them having "speical powers" in accounting or investments and shit.

Ah, but Professor X had exactly that power. I promise he wasn't above using Cerebro to get some great stock tips now and again., for the greater good.

That mansion regularly had a hard light holographic training facility and they fly around in a stealth capable black bird jet. He's up there.

I promise he wasn't above using Cerebro to get some great stock tips now and again., for the greater good.

aw man you just spoiled a later arc of wolvy & the x-men for me didn't you

this explanation is the only one that makes sense, moreso than the sh'iar/scientology one in UXM

OK, why would a custom graphite cowl cost $1,000,000? For 36 times that, I can get clean, safe, nuclear power.

Ah, but Professor X had exactly that power. I promise he wasn't above using Cerebro to get some great stock tips now and again., for the greater good.

That mansion regularly had a hard light holographic training facility and they fly around in a stealth capable black bird jet. He's up there.

Why would you need stock tips? Hire a construction crew to rebuild your mansion, then make the psychic suggestion that they've already been paid. This is like the real story of the guy who had a glitch in his checking account where ATM kept giving him unlimited money, so he took out $1.5 million...to lose it all on slot machines. If you have an ATM that gives you free money, why are you going to a slot machine?

Edited by Reverend Jax

You aren't wrong, there are other things he technically could do, and they may even seem simpler.

There's a lot of variables with something like telling someone they got paid. What if a worker's wife wonders why there's a job where no money hit the bank? You'd have to invent an entire false afternoon, for possibly months. The more complex this shit is, the more likely it is to unravel.

Plus, as a character, I can't see him justifying something like that. Now some inside insider trading? I bet he can tell himself that he's robbing the rich for charitable causes like the Muir Island facility or saving young mutants from themselves. It's much simpler. He can either systematically brainwash an entire crew and various supply companies (and their accounts department), or he can just make enough money to make it irrelevant with some undetectable scanning and some well placed stock picks. Probably through intermediaries It's the path of least resistance.