Hondo's Bar

I actually just finished Legends last night and I thought it had a surprisingly good finale. I'd forgotten that before I posted. Flash was more setup for next season (like this whole season has been), and Supernatural is just setup for...more of what they have done for 12 years recycled in a new way. Arrow seemed to have the most character progress of all the shows I think. Characters taking time to reassess their position on the team usually makes for a pretty good reuniting episode, so there's that.

Plus I'm kinda digging the arrow mayor thing. I'm pretty unabashedly a fanboy of Stephen Amell though. (although he can't convince me to go see that trainwreck that is turtles 2)

I gotta give it to the CW, the guys they get for their shows really are passionate about what they do. Hell, Amells winery is completely Archery themed, and he loves being the green arrow. Same with Barry, the supernatural guys etc. CW has found actors who really embrace the fandom and interact with them as much as possible. I'm pretty sure thats one big reason why even when they shows are not doing great, the fans stick with them.

Just spent the afternoon finishing the season and the finale was alot better than last season's, and certainly more satisfying than Flash's... but

Really, none of this shit will even matter after all that shit that Barry pulled.

Not that it won't get resolved in episode 1 of season 3 anyway

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

So, tonight's Arrow was a heavy one. Taking a page from real life, the entire episode was about gun violence/control. And not hanging in the background either. Multiple characters debating one way or the other the whole episode. Sure, it was heavy-handed, but treated the topic delicately and intelligently. Honestly, one of the better episodes in a while.

There was also a couple jabs at "how things are now" meaning the state of our country under Trump. Really a masterful job by the writers.

Edited by Da Cap'n 2099

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...