Hondo's Bar

E3 2012

Newtype

I love how Newt can't even cope with his obvious bias in .gif form.

I can't ignore the elephant in the room though. Both movement controllers were stupid, and were populated by bad games with awful reviews. Pretty much equally.

6QK2H.jpg

But one of them has some pretty nice voice recognition that lets me yell at things in Skyrim. Just sayin'.

I'd like a surprise next gen console reveal and some more .gifs.

And a game to look forward to.

Dead Space 3

Just Cause 3

inFamous 3

Psychonauts 2 (I've heard rumors, but I want somethin solid)

Psi-Ops 2

more GTA 5 news

Beyond Good and Evil 2

maybe I'd like to hear about Final Fantasy 15.... maybe.

Next Gen news. NO MORE MOTION SHIT.

So Microsoft announced some mostly pointless integration with tablets and phones, clearly in response to the WiiU (dollars to donuts Sony does the same thing), and a browser. And Usher. Oh, and KINECT ALL THE THINGS.

Bleh.

QNeHk.jpg

Dw2P5.jpg

OnGFI.png

V6qSk.jpg

ANI0r.png

overall not as horrible as some've said, there just werent many surprises. next year should be far better, this one kinda showed this gen's age a lot. i think sony's lack of Vita stuff was harsh though, no idea what people were expecting from MS.

Anyone see anything on epic Mickey 2 yet?

not really, but this month's Nintendo Power had a whole thing on it. it looks great, but so did part 1...the 3DS one has me hyped though.

Yea I jumped on this gen in ....uh ...November? Tho I've been a console mooches ever since it began. But nevertheless I'm still hoping for good games n I'm easily intrigued ..well by judging book covers anyway.

I'm just surprised there wasn't any good hardware announcements at a fukin E3...

So to your pt I concurr. Indeed a lack of innovation this year.

I'm just surprised there wasn't any good hardware announcements at a fukin E3...

the WU's next-gen, but i agree we still didn't see enough on it. they were even selling it on Fallon this week but they've only got so many months to put together final details on price, release date, etc, i gotta figure specs are basically locked in by now but again i remember reading they weren't for the OG xbox even a few months before release somehow.

i held out hope for prototypes from MS & sony but it wasn't really in the cards; Sony's got enough on their hands trying to gain momentum with the Vita (which i didn't think they really did at all) and MS saw a resurgence with Kinect sales so they're not done milking that. by all accounts, the E3 we want for that all will be next year, should be the biggest one since 2005, barring any disappointing announcements for me like lack of BC/inability to play used games/etc.

Maybe they are taking a cue for how well the PS2 did even after that next gen(ps3/360) launch. That thing refused to die (and still pumped out some quality there at the end too).

And I'm excited for the WU. The Wii has it's moments, but I was like everyone else with it, and just wasn't feeling it. But I have always gone Nintendo in the past, and this looks like it'll bring me back around (even if using this gen's graphics, which would still look amazing on a new Zelda game).

Nintendo... Well no metroid 20anniversary game and no metroid 25th anniversary game this year so fuk Nintendo n their dried out well of what used to be good ideas.

I'm kinda disgusted they're "just competing" instead of being the "apple, inc of video games " like they usually are.

Can u feel the hate?

i can, but i'm alright with the direction they're in. i loved my gamecube, but if they'dve stuck with that path, they'dve ended up like my sega did, and i don't want that.

i too was a little salty that Kirby's getting a 25th anniversary collection (getting that one too, natch) but not Samus, then i read about how Metroid was never as big in japan as it was over here, i guess for obvious reasons. After how bad Other M bombed - you can prolly still find stacks of it at best buy for less than $10 right now - there's fear that the franchise is dead in the water for a bit, unless it turns out that's Retro's secret project...last rumor i read was Star Fox x Metroid hybrid game, which could be interesting too.

Closest we got to a proper tribute was Metroid Prime Trilogy, which was pretty awesome for what it was - tricky to find now though.