Hondo's Bar

Wreck It Ralph

Newtype

Wreck-It-Ralph looks great. Definitely a little bit of a rip off or Toy Story's concept, but it looks like the plot is completely different, so that's fine. Bravo to Disney for getting the rights to a bunch or old game characters.

It's more Who Framed Roger Rabbit than Toy Story, really.

Edited by Thelogan
cohesion after post move

Eh...I can see the elements of Roger Rabbit there, but in WFRR?, people and toons comingled and interacted with one another. In Toy Story, people where unaware that toys were sentient beings that had lives and relationships when they weren't looking, and that's more like what's happening with this movie.

Hey Jax, the merge left you with a dangling non-sequitur, just fyi. I'm not sure if there's a way to split a post, so I just added the quote to 'baytor's response.

The way you did it is fine. Thanks. It's bound to happen anytime you split a thread that had more than one topic of conversation going on at a time. The Vegan recipes/Vegan philosophy split was a little challenging too.

This makes me want to see a new Mario Bros movie. Seeing Bowser up there makes it seem like that they could make a really good Mario movie. Mario, Donkey Kong, any Nintendo property really would work really well as a Pixar type flick. The look is right, plus since the story isn't rocket science, they could make a nic hour and a half visual fast with all the stuff we love and remember from all the games, and stuff for little kids too.

This makes me want to see a new Mario Bros movie. Seeing Bowser up there makes it seem like that they could make a really good Mario movie. Mario, Donkey Kong, any Nintendo property really would work really well as a Pixar type flick. The look is right, plus since the story isn't rocket science, they could make a nic hour and a half visual fast with all the stuff we love and remember from all the games, and stuff for little kids too.

What about a Zelda movie? Do you think that could work, and if so, would it be better in live action or full CGI?

Impossible, they've already made the best Mario Bros. movie that could ever exist:

How could anything top that, I ask you?

Edited by Iambaytor
  • Upvote 1

You make a great point Baytor, but anything can be improved upon by adding Nic Cage. You know this more than anyone!

rxogF.jpg

What about a Zelda movie? Do you think that could work, and if so, would it be better in live action or full CGI?

I think a Zelda movie could work. Brave has a similar style to it, and they have enough crazy characters in that universe that they could Disney-up without changing it too much. Haha, then again we could end up getting 80's cartoon "excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me" Link.

Star Fox would work really well too I think. Metroid on the other hand would probably work best as live action.

• 3 weeks later...

the more i see of the trailer, the more i wanna see this one. excellent use of flo-rida.

no and please never ask this question again

• 2 months later...

<div></div>" rel="external nofollow">http://d.yimg.com/nl/movies/site/player.html#vid=30520182&startScreenCarouselUI=hide&repeat=0&browseCarouselUI=hide&shareUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fmovies.yahoo.com%2Fvideo%2Fymovies-6393699%2Fwreck-it-ralph-theatrical-trailer-30520182.html"></div>