Hondo's Bar

DayZ - Arma II mod

The NZA

i love the drama at the start of vid # 2

turbo zombies, perma-death, very limited supplies (ammo & food) and a system that does not inspire trust with your fellow humans...this one looks pretty interesting, anyone on this? dudes on GAF calling it "The Road, with zombies".

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to say this is a very terrifying yet awesome mod. being dropped in the middle of a map with no explanation or mission or pointer to guide you can seem very overwhelming at first and you will probably not like the first hour or so of playing. But once you start to get a feel for what the mod is, and get immersed in the game world itself it is one of the best mods let alone games I have played in a long time.

The whole point is to just survive, that is all. Zombies will come after you full bore once alterted and just because you see a human doesn't mean your safe. Most of the time quite the opposite, especially if you have that "noob" quality about you.

As was mentioned before the initial releases were quite buggy and while they still haven't patched all the bugs completely the newest patch has made leaps and bounds while still introducing new bugs. This mod has GREAT potential and one company has already released a statement that they are basically making an MMO version of this mod as a seperate game with no affiliation to the mod. It is very popular right now, so if anyone wants to join me and cause some havoc all while avoiding hordes of zombie masses feel free to hit me up.

• 2 weeks later...

DayZ being developed as a standalone game

Development and updates of the mod will continue in parallel with the development of the game, so anyone who is playing the mod now will be able to continue to do so. The project will follow the Minecraft development model; fast iterations with the community alpha available for a heavily discounted price.