Hondo's Bar

Nick Cage

Which is his best movie?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

'Contrary' is putting it lightly. I don't even have a methapor for how 'contrary' he was, but I bet we would have, and I'm sure it would involve cheesecake and Risk.

We talking the food, or the scantily clad women?

I'll assume that Risk was in reference to the game of world domination.

God how I love Risk. And I refuse to vote until Raising Arizona is on that list.

i was thinkin of a board games thread in culture...Skeet, you should start it or somethin. Make it a poll, even: monopoly type board games vs you statego fucks.

ps who voted for fast times...?

Me, though not for Nick Cage. *shrugs* One of the few movies on that list I've seen. If you add more options, my answer may change (it is a rather limited list).

Risk is one of the greatest games out there. Some other good games: Apples to Apples, Scrabble, and Monopoly (with some added rules).

Haha Sweet! You guys play a shorter version or are you happy to give up a week of your lives for ultimate glory?

I gotsta get the original version. It's hard enough to pitch Risk at a party without the Star Wars Version crippling my chances even more.

All month if that's what it takes!

That's the way it's meant to be played. Fuck that mission card bullshit.

Oh, and just to make it official... I hereby claim this thread in the name of Risk.

*plants a flag*

Oh crap! I forgot to draw a card and place my new infantry.

• 4 years later...

This thread is no longer about which if these half dozen random Nic Cage movies are the best (since the best ones aren't even mentioned). It is about things like this.

There was this great one I found a few years ago that had scenes from The Wickerman to the Friends theme song, and at the part where they clap it flashed 'Baytor's creepy avatar 4 times in rapid succession. It was enough to make you spit up beverage. Can't find it anymore though. :sad:

It also irritates me that the kid who made this put a "k" in his name. :mumble:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Nicolas Cage awoken by naked man with Fudgesicle

TORONTO (Reuters) - For actor Nicolas Cage, making the new thriller movie "Trespass" hit close to home.

Cage, at the Toronto film festival along with director Joel Schumacher promoting the film about a home invasion, said that he has actually lived through the nightmare in real life.

"It was two in the morning. I was living in Orange County at the time and was asleep with my wife. My two-year old at the time was in another room. I opened my eyes and there was a naked man wearing my leather jacket eating a Fudgesicle in front of my bed," he told reporters on Wednesday.

"I know it sounds funny ... but it was horrifying."

A Fudgesicle is a frozen, ice cream-like snack.

Cage said the ordeal ended after he talked the man out of the house and police arrived. He did not press charges, as the man had mental problems, but Cage, who now lives in Nassau, Bahamas, said he could not stay in the house after that.