Hondo's Bar

Sleeping Dogs

IceManML

I've never heard of this game until I saw a gamefly commercial. Then I read an article today n found out square did this 1..

Play­ers con­trol Wei Shen, an under­cov­er cop sent to Hong Kong in order to infil­trate a Triad orga­ni­za­tion called Sun On Yee. Shen has an in via his child­hood best friend, and has no qualms about par­tic­i­pat­ing in gang activ­i­ties. How­ev­er, he is still clear­ly loyal to the police force, mak­ing for an engag­ing story dynam­ic. For exam­ple, while on an assign­ment for Sun On Yee, I become a lit­tle too ram­bunc­tious and destroy some of Hong Kong's city prop­er­ty (when you tell me to chase after that car, I'm going to hit all the mail­box­es I need to in order to catch it). That low­ers my cop score, which affects how quick­ly I can level up my cop abil­i­ties. The same goes for under­cov­er assign­ments in the Tri­ads. While on duty for the police, rack­ing up Triad points is more dif­fi­cult, mean­ing it takes longer to level up my Triad abil­i­ties. Wei Shen’s dual loy­al­ties result in some dis­com­fort­ing moments. I try to play for both sides, which results in a guilty con­science. When I hit city prop­er­ty on Triad mis­sions, I legit­i­mate­ly feel bad. When glean­ing infor­ma­tion from my trust­ing child­hood best friend, I feel trai­tor­ous.

(

Hands On With Square Enix's Sleeping Dogs

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/sleeping_dogs/b/xbox360/archive/2012/07/23/mixed-loyalties-and-massage-parlors.aspx

)

Sounds like mafia-shenmue.

Anyone even hear of this 1?

Edited by IceManML

This is what the latest True Crime game is now. I remember hearing about Watch Dogs thinking it was this, but after seeing the hacking stuff it was obvious that I was thinking of a different game. Anyway, hopefully this will be cool as I was a fan- a very patient fan- of True Crime NYC so I'm looking forward to this one.

I liked Streets of L.A. Some of the car tricks and shit were really innovative and still haven't been replicated. had a lot of fun with that one.

I played about 20 minutes of NYC and it was a buggy mess that I just couldn't make time for. No, I didn't give it a fair shake.

Sleeping Dogs Gets Rico Gear With a Just Cause 2 Save

Do you have your old Just Cause 2 save intact by any chance? Well done if you kept hold of it, because a Just Cause 2 game save on your HDD will unlock exclusive bonus content for Sleeping Dogs, in the form of Rico Rodriguez's black duds and zipline.

Like Rico, you'll be able to use the zipline, albeit in a relatively limited way, to action hijack vehicles from a greater distance while speeding along the streets of Hong Kong. Available in-game from launch, you'll be able to access the Just Cause 2 clothes set from Wei Shen's safe house, where you can change and rock the Rico look.

While in Rico's outfit, your action hijack ability will be boosted, enabling you to pull off vehicle jumping stunts in style.

rRQfv.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This game is pretty awesome. Any sandboxers out there should play this. It's got a lot of good things going for it and it makes me want more games from this team. Between this and Just Cause 2, they really know how to let you have fun. JC3 can't come fast enough.

It plays a whole lot like Arkham City actually. Combat anyway (circle of dudes, countering and hitting.) No glitches so far either. I dunno why Activision dropped it, but the new guys salvaged it quite well. Don't go in with True Crime in mind, esp if they left a bad taste in your mouth.