Hondo's Bar

Food Blargh

Thelogan

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jesus Christ, I've seen it all.

On Thursday, June 18th, Pizza Hut will be releasing its latest creation… the Hot Dog Bites Pizza. The large one-topping pizza will be priced at $11.99 and feature 28 hot dog bites baked into the crust and served with a side of French’s mustard.

Hot-Dog-Bites-Pizza-Hut.jpg

Denny's new Fantastic Four menu includes Thing burger w/ hash browns, eggs, bacon

As the premiere gets closer, Denny's has released a series of Fantastic Four-themed menu items in a partnership with 20th Century Fox.

The new items include a Thing Burger (cheese bagel bun, hash browns, eggs, bacon), Human Torch Skillet (sausage, potatoes, peppers) and the Invisible Woman Slam (Grand Slam with fruit-packed pancakes) named after three of the four protagonists of the film.

Also on the "Slamtastic 4" menu are the Fantastic Four Fruit Smoothie, the Fantastic Four Cheese Omelette and the Doom Lava Cake.

5JXA19v.jpg

• 9 months later...

The Atlanta Braves of Major League Baseball (MLB) are breaking out some real belt-busting menu items for their final season at Turner Field.

Leading the way is the “Burgerizza,” which is described as a grilled 20-ounce beef patty, covered with five slices of cheddar cheese, topped with crispy bacon, and served between two 8-inch pepperoni pizzas. Don’t forget to bring a credit card. The Burgerizza is $26, and it’s worth noting an angioplasty is not included.

AjFbAtM.jpg

CeLkFqtVAAAaI9K.jpg

Click.

• 2 months later...

Outback Steakhouse plans to introduce a new "loaded" version of their trademark Bloomin' Onion:

According to People, the new Loaded Bloom features a battered and deep-fried onion shaped like a blossom topped with their seasoned fries, melted Monterey Jack, Cheddar, chopped bacon, and spicy ranch dressing. Basically, they decided to top one appetizer (the Bloomin' Onion) with another (Aussie Cheese Fries).

The resulting appetizer (which is meant to be shared) clocks in at 2,360 calories (compared to 1954 calories for a plain Bloomin' Onion).

6YaP5oX.jpg

ub5U0Jg.gif

• 1 month later...
You'll be able to grab 20oz bottles of the sweet nostalgia when they start rolling out to store shelves nationwide on August 8th. Canadian retailers, however, will begin selling Crystal Pepsi a month earlier on July 11th for some reason. But just like '90s technology, the new batch of Crystal Pepsi won't be around for long -- an eight-week run, to be exact.

Pepsi said "overwhelming fan demand" and the huge response to a Crystal Pepsi sweepstakes last year inspired the company to finally resurrect the cola. As we noted in our taste-test of the new Crystal Pepsi last December (yes, we got our hands on some), it's slightly different compared to the Crystal Pepsi sold two decades ago, especially seeing as it now contains caffeine. One thing, though, hasn't changed: it still doesn't taste exactly like Pepsi. But it's pretty damn close.

To help celebrate the carbonated comeback, Pepsi also created a Crystal Pepsi-themed take on "The Oregon Trail" computer game, "The Crystal Pepsi Trail," which challenges players to reach the majestic Crystal Pepsi Fountain in none other than a wooden station wagon. The game will be available to play at the perfectly '90s-style crystalpepsi.net on July 7th. (We previewed the game and got a high score of 7785, so try to beat that, dudes.)

Anyway, there's a good chance you'll be partying like it's 1992 again in no time, although we strongly recommend keeping your '90s hairstyles and clothing wherever the hell you left them.

RWbcGLI.jpg

• 1 year later...

Over-done steaks are massively inferior to ones cooked properly but they're a perfectly adequate foodstuff. The last bite of a hot dog is the food equivalent of post-orgasmic shame. A greasy reminder that you have eaten a bad thing.

Speaking of greasy reminders of bad food...

rWrHqT7.jpg

tQb4ILR.jpg

CETxDhW.jpg

I did this. Only i got a square one and I made a grilled cheese sandwich with it.

I have made home-made funnel cakes soaked in corn oil. I've eaten sandwiches composed of nothing but iceberg lettuce, american single cheese food slices, and miracle whip. When I was 13 and unable to cook I ate a half a bottle of tums. I once bought an entire package of triple-stuff Oreos, scraped all the cream up and layered it all in a tower between two cookies. It was how I realized that oreo cream is essentially sweet, gritty Crisco. Those experiences filled me and my guts with great sorrow.

This was worse. Don't try this, it's fucking awful.

is it just...to much? cause i know they're garbage but i still love totino's pizzas

Flavor-wise? No, I threw a shitload of American cheese slices on there along with some strips of mozzarella string cheese AND I buttered the outsides. It just tastes like hot grease and it leaves a feeling in your esophagus and gut like you've just slammed a quart bottle of canola oil. I don't recommend it. Maybe try it with a Red Baron or a Tombstone instead of a Totino's.

I'm thinking this might work better, though I'll likely skip the pancake/eggs/crepe layer.

Edited by Iambaytor

• 2 months later...