Hondo's Bar

X-Men: Days of Future Past

I find the term "little people" offensive. It implies that they're people.

The more I think about it, the more it seems weird that Puck is even in the movie. Maybe they'll make up a character? I would say he'd just be "random Morlock #26" if he wasn't such a big name right now.

You mean he hasn't been in any other of the hundreds of starring roles for little people in major Hollywood productions?

See, on the surface level you'd think that. And while, sure there's no starring roles you'll find a lot of dwarf actors have managed to eke out a pretty good existence (David Rappaport, Michael J. Anderson, Vern Troyer, Billy Barty, Phil Fondacaro, Warwick Davis, Herve Villachaize, Kenny Baker, Martin Kleb, Deep Roy, Peter Dinklage, and even fucking Wee Man) and landed some pretty memorable roles in movies it's kind of weird that Jordan Prentice has a very limited career considering that half the people in those parentheses are dead and roles for dwarves are a lot more numerous than there are dwarf actors (admittedly the number has greatly reduced thanks to CG)

Oh and I was wrong about the Gnome Named Gnorm thing, I confused him with someone else there. In addition to being Jimmy the racist coke-head "midget" from In Bruges, he was also Howard the Duck.

I'm not going to pretend I've followed his career closely, I'm just saying if you look at his IMDb page, he had a few major studio movie credits (Mirror Mirror, Harold and Kumar go to White Castle) and has had work in between, including as the lead in Canadian indie film. It's true that he's less prolific than Peter Dinklage, but who is?

Edited by Reverend Jax

Wow guys, they cast Dinkllage in Days of Future Past and everyone immediately jumps to Puck? Puck's not even a mutant (although that didn't stop them from using Juggs). Don't box the man into a role just on account of his stature.

With the sucess of Game of Thrones the guy's big now, huge. In fact, I think on account of that, they should reverse-stereotype him. Think BIGGER. We know Sentinels are going to be a big part of DoFP so.......

Master-Mold-giant-robots-30750253-720-544_zps17f4500c.jpg

Dinklage as the motha-fuckin' MasterMold!!

(I don't have 'shop at work, but just imagine his face on there!)

Doesn't matter if Puck isn't a mutant in 616, he still hangs out with mutants. Deadpool isn't a mutant either, but they both get to be in X-Force anyway.

And, like you said, they'll just make him a mutant, like Juggernaut.

I like your theory though. They could also randomly make Trask or somebody a midget, just cuz.