Hondo's Bar

X-Men: Days of Future Past

• 3 weeks later...

Older and younger versions of Charles and Erik are confirmed, but every other character has only one actor confirmed. Mystique is the only other character (I think) that had a major role in both First Class and in the first 3 movies (and no, I don't consider Kelsey Grammer's Beast in X3 as a major role) is Mystique. I wonder if will Rebecca Romijn return as well? She had a one second cameo in First Class.

By the way, if Fox was smart, they'd have an after credits teaser for this at the end of The Wolverine, so I'm willing to bet money there won't be.

I guess since Wolverine takes place after the first 3 X movies it would show the sentinels wiping out mutants or one targeting Logan? That seems the most logical way since it would have to take place before that happens.

That's what I was saying. They've said that The Wolverine takes place after X-Men 3, so logically it also takes place before Days of Future Past (post '70s). However they have also made it sound like that The Wolverine takes place waaaaay after X-Men 3 so I dunno how they are handling that timeline.

My head hurts

But the time travel has old Charles and Erik, and whose to say that the old Charles and Erik aren't from the same time the Wolverine takes place in? Keep in mind, they are not translating the comic into a 300/Watchmen/Sin City style panel-by-panel recreation of the book. They are going to use the outline of the comic's story and do something that fits in the cinematic universe they've already established. So old Charles and Erik could be from the same time that Wolverine takes place in. Since he doesn't age, Wolverine in this DoFP movie could be from the time of young Charles and Erik (McAvoy and Fassbender) or from the time of old Charles and Erik (Stewart and McKellen).

Me, I like Hunger Games Jennifer Lawrence as the perfect in-the-middle.

Course I'd love to be in-the-middle of that.

What could be interesting is if Wolverine comes over from timeline A(easiest frame of reference for pre-Avengers Xmen timeline which covers Wolverine: Origins through to X3(chronological ordering) where he met Charles through Rogue & Jean and the crew and carried on with them and had that awful misadventure with Weapon XI and Sabretooth was somehow the likeable one) long enough to convince Wolverine of Timeline B(First Class, hopefully the Wolverine, DOFP) to join pitch in with Xavier's crew, having told them to fuck themselves in spectacular fashion when asked to join.

I guess going the Star Trek cop-out of having both timelines exist and influence each other seems the most diplomatic and logical way to draw a line in the sand between a reboot showing so much promise and an existing mythology with a lot of shitty history to try and remain faithful to. I think it's fair to say as Xmen 1(Singer) was fair at best, the Xmen Franchise pre-Vaughn was really just coasting by on the legitimacy of X2. Everything that followed was arguably awful. I hate the idea that this brilliant reboot is eventually going to work shit like Wolverine Origins & Magneto trying to turn Senator Kelly into a water wraith- because you KNOW that ain't Fassbender's style.

I think it's fair to say as Xmen 1(Singer) was fair at best, the Xmen Franchise pre-Vaughn was really just coasting by on the legitimacy of X2. Everything that followed was arguably awful. I hate the idea that this brilliant reboot is eventually going to work shit like Wolverine Origins & Magneto trying to turn Senator Kelly into a water wraith- because you KNOW that ain't Fassbender's style.

But will any fans really care if they don't work those X1/X2 films in as cannon for the First Class cast? It seems DOFP is a great storyline b/c it can deal w/ an "alternate" future. Maybe a more fitting analogy for this film would be Generations than JJ's Star Trek. Like handing over the reigns to a new cast in the same universe rather than shifting to another timeline completely. Honestly, as long as it's good I don't care.

Same, I'd sooner just see them scrap the old and build on the foundations with the new cast like they did with Spiderman( :ded: ) but since they insist on bringing in Stewart, McKellan and co instead of just ageing Mcavoy & Fassbender I'm trying to make lemonade.

I mean if they're effectively showing timeline A the door by taking it to the far future and having the new cast there to see it unfold(and probably the most memorable thing about X3 was the Danger Room sequence at the start with the Sentinel so there's symmetry), then kudos because that's pretty brave considering most franchise reboots have a watchphrase of 'what prior franchise?'. What I'd love is to see Alan Cummings get himself a nice crimson tat over his left eye and jump ship to the Vaugniverse ala the AOA jump to 616.

For those not reading the comics I'm talking about, following the death of 616's Kurt Wagner, Wolverine's X-force picked up a stray AOA Nightcrawler while on mission in that universe to find a lifeseed. They also brought over Blob. Dark Beast probably doesn't count seeing as he's clocked up enough multiverse frequent flyer miles to remain unsullied by Grant Morrison's tender mercy.

AOA's not a thing at this point so it's be the similar transition of 'displaced visitor from sideways reality that's kinda shit right now'. Hell they could do two birds with one stone and kill Halle Berry, Nightcrawler gets all Kill Bill and jumps reality to hunt the killers. Sorry, that was just about my favourite part of Remender's Uncanny Xforce run.

Sorry I'm probably overthinking this guys but multiverse stuff is kind of a kink of mine so I love to see it done right.

Is that what he's on about, I can't see the picture so I assumed he meant the shitty makeup job they did on her in first class. Boo space, Jennifer Lawrence is no man's definition of fat

No, he posted a picture of epic hotness Jennifer Lawrence as "disguised" Mystique w/ the blonde hair as the "fat faced" example. This is it.

No es bueno, meng.

Whoa, whoa. Who negged me and for what? I never said she was fat. She looked swollen in that movie, like she was having an allergic reaction or something. I always thought it was a reaction to the mystique makeup.