Hondo's Bar

Guild Wars 2

Thelogan

Midnight for pre-purchasers, servers might be brought up three hours earlier.

I'm not gonna be there, though. Girlfriend coincidentally wanted me to spend time with her out of town this weekend, soooooo she gets what she wants. I still get the daily head start, but then I have to work a midnight release for Madden... at which point i'll pick up my copy, I guess.

I feel like I ain't gon' get no head start, really. :p

Sure wish I could play this fucking game right now. This is what I get for passing out. I got like 3 hours in, and now I wake up and you people fucking broke it.

Friend (er..."Contact") system works pretty cool, you can add a character name and then add that whole player's account, and if I, say, switch characters while we're partied up, we'll still be partied up when I log in with the new one.

I logged in 45 seconds after launch, and already all the cool single-word names I wanted were taken.

Anywhoozle, so far I'm The Eightball, Worm Nightshade or Atom Smash.

If the cunting servers would come up I'd make myself an an engineer.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup. Buy-to-play.

It's a very...chill MMO. It doesnt demand the daily time investment that WoW does, nor is it as heavy with the carrot-on-a-stick progression. Im still having a lot of fun with it, but endgame looks to be pretty shallow right now.

Well worth the money for all the things it does right and streamlines, IMO. There iswas a lotlot to love. Plus you can move on to other games for a bit without feeling like you're "wasting" your subscription.

Things That Are Cool About Guild Wars - #1 in a series.

Crafting materials have their own own bank tab, organized by type and stackable up to 250. You can deposit these collectibles from your inventory with a click from anywhere in the world.

Your bank is also for all of your characters. This is a double edged sword, because extra bank space costs gems. Gems are the currency you use in the cash shop. There's a constantly fluctuating exchange rate where you can trade gems for gold, BUT you can also trade gold for gems. So nothing is exclusive to people paying real money, you can buy it with in-game currency.

It'll just take you longer than a click.

When you use those materials, every crafting station has a convenient tab for your bank. You can craft straight from it (but you can't combine ingredients for some reason).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fort Aspenwood. If it's full, wait a bit. The only time it'll ever be "full" is when you first make a characters. MH almost had this problem. All your toons are on one server, and I'm not sure how to change.

Haven't played in like a month though. Maybe I'll pop on and give you a hand (w00t sub free).

You all are fucking missing halloween if you ain't doin' shit.

Be sure to be in Lion's Arch at 12pm PST Sunday. There's gonna be an event that'll only play once.

Additionally: WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU ALL BEEN THESE PAST TWO WEEKS. *cries* I HAVE BEEN QUITE ALONE.

Welcome, Axel. Be crazy and level fast, please.