Hondo's Bar

Robocop remake script leaks?

The NZA

source

iMWrPoqRgBNG3.gif

In the film, when Murphy is turned into Robocop 1.0, it's described "a high-tech version of the '80s suit." Then they show a focus group scene where criminals laugh at the design. "He looks like a toy from the '80s!" So they redesign him to look "meaner" as Robocop 2.0, who passes focus group approval. So they not only make sure to include the original design, they also point out it's dated and stupid.

Hold onto your sides for more hilarious "Robocop" details. They outsource his construction to China. #seriously

By page 54, they are already onto Robocop 4.0, who looks like a "cop on steroids painted metallic blue." Oh, god... oh dear god... Robocop is a Transformer. He goes from "social mode" to "combat mode" and back. Full transformation

i don't really know how Total Recall went...i guess i just wanted you guys to feel better about TMNT-baygate

wdIyF.jpg

RoboCop%2Bredesign%2B2.jpg

mHy25.gif

seriously, you never hear about good things coming from focus groups, you know

• 3 weeks later...

wOECk.jpg

<object width="148" height="44"><param name="movie" value="http://vocaroo.com/player.swf?playMediaID=s1RoNw1Chwdv&autoplay=0"></param><param'>http://vocaroo.com/player.swf?playMediaID=s1RoNw1Chwdv&autoplay=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://vocaroo.com/player.swf?playMediaID=s1RoNw1Chwdv&autoplay=0" width="148" height="44" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object><br><a href="http://vocaroo.com" style="font-size:xx-small;" title="Vocaroo Voice Recorder">Online recording software >></a>

Robocop - A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Alex Murphy, a young rookie on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent,

the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

a member at GAF read the (current?) script, impressions are...interesting.

Well I've scanned through a bit of the actual script and uh...

I'm not going to lie it's a real jumbled mess really.

Honestly IMHO fans of the original will probably be dissapointed.

Here's some HEAVY spoilers

It's HEAVILY family centric, Robocop is heavily emotional seeing as this time they did not wipe out his emotions or clear his memory, he realizes what he is and is angry and emotional and all this and spends most of the movie going on about his family (like Spawn sorta) . He even cries in one scene. This isn't so much a big action movie as it is trying to be Sci-Fi or something.

Oh and there doesn't seem to be any violence...sorry fans of the original. His gun is a TAZER gun and therefore TAZERS a ton of criminals in action sequences. His body is strange that it is blue and looks like a cop uniform and his helmet is see through but when he goes into SWAT Mode he turns into that black suit in the photos and starts TAZERIN THEM CREEPS.

This is just the script though I suppose things will change.

Finished just about reading the ending

Again heavy spoilers

Gary Oldman's character completely controls Robocop or Murphy along with some chick technician, once Murphy disconnects himself by drilling himself in the head(old movie reference) and taking out the control thing he tries to find out what's going on and who killed him, turns out the company hired this guy to kill him then their own mercenaries to destroy his limbs, he can recreate crimes with his computer and does so and later when he discards his taser gun he uses a 44 magnum to try to fight off a bunch of ED-209's and other military drones.

Like the original movie he gets badly beaten by The ED's but this time rather than the cops firing on him they help him destroy the ED's. Finally he confronts Gary Oldman and kills him. The bad people get put in prison and OMNI Corp execs get thrown in jail. OMNI gets bankrupt til their yes...parent company OCP (with old logo) come in to take over. The Govt steps in to repair Robocop the best they can and he confronts his wife again this time explaining blah blah blah he can't be with her he'll protect her and gives her his blessing to go with the now Male; Jack Lewis. Jack Lewis raises his son and loves his wife while Murphy stays on the streets patroling. And they even give him his own statue

VtHRc.gif

James_pond_2_cover.jpg

• 1 month later...

• 9 months later...

It doesn't look bad, it just doesn't look like Paul Verhoeven's Robocop. But I don't expect Paul Verhoeven's Robocop because getting an auteur to make a movie like Robocop is not something that's ever going to happen twice in one lifetime. We're lucky we got Starship Troopers out of the man.

I look forward to being the only person that likes this movie, I'll nestle it on my shelf somewhere between Ghost Rider and The Thing.

For clarification I'm talking about the new The Thing, the not-as-good-but-enjoyably-watchable prequel/remake deal with Ramona Flowers and Van from Community. I love the original and acknowledge it as a vastly superior movie, but I signed on for more Things fucking shit up and the new one gave me this.

As for Ghost Rider, I honestly don't see why people hate it so much, I've tried to figure it out and I just can't. I mean it's a little fast and we could do with more Ghost Rider but I can understand budget constraints being what they are why that just wasn't feasable. I don't even mind any of the casting, Wes Bentley is just the hipster goth douche to play Blackheart, that's perfect casting, and I even liked Rosie Perez. I don't find Cage's hair-peace distracting and his acting shows that he actually took this one halfway serious. The finale's not as epic as it should be but I can watch it and I'm not bored. The sequel is pretty meh but it's got its moments and Cage plays a pretty good Ghost Rider if not a very good Johnny Blaze. A'unno. I like it.

I remember groaning loudly when I first heard they were remaking Robocop because intantly knew which road they were going to go down. Murphy not remembering who is is fucking INTEGRAL to the story if you ask me. This project seems to be taking a lot of flak from the off. I really hope it's great but my educated guess is it will be a stinker. Best case scenario is it's an enjoyable action movie.

They just need to ring fence certain 80s and 90s sci-fi and rubber stamp the fuck out of them with "DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMAKE". Getting real tired of Hollywoods crap.