Hondo's Bar

Got around to watching this. Reminded me of the raid in parts, which is no bad thing. I very much liked it.

It copied The Raid pretty much verbatim in parts. I think someone saw this small-fry action flick from some loser country that is known for it's high poverty and corrupt police force moreso than its movies and thought "Ooh what a good idea". Little did they know it would be picked up by a large distributor and gain international acclaim. Dredd was already well underway by that stage so it was too late.

That's my theory anyway. You have to admit it, the parallels are too numerous for that not to be the case.

That said, both great films in their own right.

Edit: Comments about Indonesia are conjectural paraphrasing if that actually means anything.

Edited by crimsonfire

• 2 weeks later...

And you will never understand the pain it causes me to be the only one that sees such a wonderful movie there.

In any case you got the 80s Punisher with Dolph Lundgren which is a perfect Punisher movie in its own right and he doesn't ever do anything other than shoot bad guys and glower, so minus some Ennis wankery and a skull on his shirt it's everything you've ever dreamed of.

Don't worry Baytor, I'm with you on Jane Punisher. It was an awesome start to what could've been a great series of movies.

You're good people, Axels.

I don't even think that scene was in the final cut of the movie, I could be wrong though. It's not as terrible as it could be and it's a million times better than War Zone. But yes, I was jabbing.