Hondo's Bar

Boy Meets World

Maldron

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/-boy-meets-world--sequel-scoop--cory-turns-into-mr--feeny-.html

So, Boy Meets World was kinda my nineties. It was the sitcom that informed, educated, and entertained me growing up. I imagine that that might be true for a number of you as well. So with this news that it's apparently getting a sequel, possibly featuring some of the original cast back for a new set of roles, I look to the future. And I know it's probably gonna be ass, and i'm probably gonna watch the heck outta it until it displeases me.

It's aged fairly well by TGIF standards, I mean looking at it in comparison to say Family Matters, Full House, Step By Step, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, and a bunch of other shows that were cancelled quickly it is certainly the rising star.

I'm sure this sequel series will be at least as good as Still the Beaver but maybe not as good as Saved by the Bell: The New Class, and nothing will ever approach AfterM*A*S*H* (You get it because, it's the sequel to M*A*S*H* and it's the aftermath of the Korean war!)

Sabrina went terrible so fast. She didn't survive the transition to college near as well as Boy Meets World's cast did, in part because the humor was the same set of stupid jokes she made in high school. Didn't care nearly as much for Sabrina/Harvey as I did all of the corey/topenga relationship conflicts.

I always felt Boy Meets World wanted to handle a range of topics maturely with humor thrown in, and by and large they did that. It's probably many parts nostalgia, but I can still watch episodes without being disappointed in myself.

I'm really excited by this. Boy Meets World was also my 90's, and I was a big fan throughout the show. It was between this and Fresh Prince.

So far, the info we have, is that we'll have the original Corey and Topanga come back as the parents for their little girl, who this'll be based off.

Fans are shouting for a return of Shawn and Matthew.

No word on Mr. Feeney, as he's on ER...but that's on ABC, owned by Disney....so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

So far, the info we have, is that we'll have the original Corey and Topanga come back as the parents for their little girl, who this'll be based off.

The OP has a link to a Nov 7 article saying that the actors that played Corey and Topanga (Savage and Fishel) are NOT signed on. Do you have a link saying otherwise?

The OP has a link to a Nov 7 article saying that the actors that played Corey and Topanga (Savage and Fishel) are NOT signed on. Do you have a link saying otherwise?

Have you seen the careers of Ben Savage, Danielle Fishel, Will Friedele, and Rider Strong lately? Friedle is easily the most successful and he's just been doing voice-over work ever since. I don't think any of them are going to go "no thank you, I would not like this large bucket of money."

It's just a simple question. "Has their return been confirmed?" I didn't ask "is this the right career movie for these actors?" or "will Disney be able to outbid the other major studios vying for these actors to be in their projects?" I just asked if they were signed on since the article for the OP went up.

And I am saying that it's a stupid question because they aren't doing anything else and none of the cast are the kind of actors who have too much integrity for this kind of thing. As soon as Disney builds it, they will come...

Again, I wasn't asking if anyone thought it was a good idea for them professionally, or whether they would do it. Joel said something that contradicted the reporting in the article, and I was asking if he had some newer information.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...