Hondo's Bar

So I guess this is happening, and we're bound to start getting news trickling in. Here's a place for it.

OH! Here's on now.

uhhhh, spoilers?

Man of Steel seems to be the start of all this malarky. Probably be a post credit scene involving another or more.

So is Green Lantern gonna get a reboot before this rolls out...or are we just gonna stick with the one we got?

http://www.hollywood...REPORT/45081080

On Tuesday, rumors that Gordon-Levitt would step into the shoes of Batman in the upcoming Justice League movie picked up steam thanks to reports that Gordon-Levitt would establish his version of the character first in a cameo in Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel. But Hollywood.com checked in with Gordon-Levitt's reps who have refuted the rumor entirely. For now, The Dark Knight Rises actor's continued involvement in the DC Movie Universe remains a fan dream.

Did people actually want this to happen? I mean there could be worse things, but this sounds so desperate, the whole Justice League-into-a-movie thing does.

Now Justice League Dark on the other hand...

Edited by axel_napalm

Yeah, same here. Especially if they're spinning it off from the end of the Dark Knight Rises. I would like to see that series played to a better conclusion but it would have to be several years down the road and I don't like a Justice League movie with a non-Bruce Wayne Batman.

They did, however sow the seeds for a connected DC Universe in Green Lantern because I can't feature any other reason why they would've delved at all into Amanda Waller's character unless they planned to use her again and she's not exactly capable of being fit into a Green Lantern sequel.

you're right, there's worse comic films, but as a GL fan it felt like just about nothing but Kilwog went right

like Daredevil - also not the absolute worst but so disappointing/they got so little right id really rather they just reboot it entirely and forget that mess - i think being a fan of these particular characters does make it worse for me though

It had things that worked: pretty much all the Oa shit was awesome (I was bummed at the lack of Mogo but that 2-second flash of Bzzd almost made up for it) it was the human angle they fucked up. They got a Guy Garnder actor to play Hal Jordan, Carol Ferris was dull, and the sidekick guy was worthless. Amanda Waller was okay but she was pointless, Hector Hammond was great but he's just such a doofy villain and the bald-cap/molestache combo just made him seem that much sillier. Parallax was great or mediocre and it varried from scene to scene, Clancy Brown's voice work was at least suitably menacing. It was a mid-90s style comic book movie and we just don't stand for that bullshit anymore.

It had things that worked: pretty much all the Oa shit was awesome (I was bummed at the lack of Mogo but that 2-second flash of Bzzd almost made up for it) it was the human angle they fucked up. They got a Guy Garnder actor to play Hal Jordan, Carol Ferris was dull, and the sidekick guy was worthless. Amanda Waller was okay but she was pointless, Hector Hammond was great but he's just such a doofy villain and the bald-cap/molestache combo just made him seem that much sillier. Parallax was great or mediocre and it varried from scene to scene, Clancy Brown's voice work was at least suitably menacing. It was a mid-90s style comic book movie and we just don't stand for that bullshit anymore.

Having not seen it myself, how do you think Sinestro was? I thought the look of him, from the still images I saw, was pretty good.

I...was not aware of the existence of that. I don't know where to begin. I gave it 10 minutes, have to finish it up later.

I like that they went with Guy Gardner and The Atom is relegated to coaxing cats from underneath porches.

Did you see the Martian Manhunter? That thing came out three years before X-Men.

baytor's review was pretty fair - Sinestro was indeed a highlight, the post-credits scene was kinda crap though

loggins - really? surprised you didn't know about that JL flick, most shops ive been to keep that b-side next to the early FF flick & star wars christmas special. as you can see, you'd not missed much

If the GL movie had come out at the same time as the first Blade then it would have been the greatest movie ever made.

absolute bullshit, it would've been slightly less garbage back then. you need to go further back - maybe around batman & robin period.

haha that's so weird, '97 was a big year for me so i imagine it much further apart. let's go with batman returns, that early-to-mid 90s period would've made GL feel more competent.

i know we were pretty forgiving with X-Men at the time, but GL is a series of missed opportunities and ryan nailed the whole bit about them casting the wrong GL and spending way more time with the boring boring earth people. the further back you take it, the closer to panch's ranking it'dve gotten.