Hondo's Bar

Gotta be faster next time.

i know we were pretty forgiving with X-Men at the time, but GL is a series of missed opportunities and ryan nailed the whole bit about them casting the wrong GL and spending way more time with the boring boring earth people. the further back you take it, the closer to panch's ranking it'dve gotten.

I started reading this thinking you were talking about Ryan Reynolds. I was like, first of all, why are you referring to Ryan Reynolds on a first name basis like you known the fucker, and second, I thought you just said he sucked?

RUMOR: Justice League villain will be Darkseid

So back in October, Ben Fritz over at the L.A. Times reported that Warner Bros is running full steam ahead with getting a Justice League movie on the big screen by summer 2015.

As of this morning, the search is still ongoing for a director and subject to how Man Of Steel performs, shooting should get underway next year. Now in case you been living under a rock the past year, everybody else knows that Marvel is dropping the sequel to The Avengers that summer as well. That is some pretty stiff competition.

In this corner we got Earth’s Mightiest Heroes going up against Thanos the Mad Titan. How will Warners respond? Just WHO will the Justice League face off against?

Not a Titan, but a GOD!

After some persistent snooping, we have exclusively learned that the main baddie is none other than…

…DARKSEID!

darkseidd9uxz.gif

disney_darkseid.jpg

j734sZK8NjE9d.png

• 3 years later...

Willem Dafoe joins Justice League

Dafoe, who starred as the villainous Marvel character Green Goblin in Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man movies, is playing a good guy in a role that will see him appear in both parts of the JL movies. Details of his character, however, are being kept under lock and key.

Charles Roven, Snyder and Deborah Snyder are producing Justice League.

wKmiwOC.gif

Martian Manhunter, maybe? either way, Snyder's still at the helm, so this is how i'm picturing DC's movie office

tumblr_o0i4qgcmTc1r83ei3o1_500.gif

• 1 month later...

Forget The Mustache, J.K. Simmons Got Pretty Jacked For His Commissioner Gordon Role In JUSTICE LEAGUE

142437.jpg

Did J.K. Simmons read the recent run from Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo where Commissioner Gordon replaced Bruce Wayne as Batman? Simmons looks like he might be more ripped than Affleck.

Earlier this week, U.S. Marine/actor/celebrity fitness trainer Aaron Williamson posted a few Instagram pics of one his clients working out, Oscar-winner J.K. Simmons (61), who will soon be shooting scenes in Zack Snyder's Justice League. Since his 300 days, Snyder has been infamous for teaming with trainer Gym Jones to produce a cast that arrives on set, looking like a collection of sculpted Greek statues. However, it seems Simmons' work with Williamson will be leaving Jones with

tumblr_o8gjmtKDkF1rov369o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o8gjmtKDkF1rov369o2_1280.jpg

An earlier post from Williamson demonstrates the progress Simmons made in just a month. TheWhiplash actor definitely doesn't have the striations he's showing off, 6 months later in the most recent post.

giphy.gif

According to online Dragonball Z fans:

Master_Roshi_Max_Power.gif

Edited by alive she cried

Maxwell Lord. Damn. I remember him from my days of reading Justice League Europe (Or was it Justice League International? Or both?), back when I had money to burn on any old crap comment and terrified of canceling a title on my folder @ my local shop b/c it was just all awkward and I had to keep up that valuable 15% discount.

The early days of JLE/I and the funny JLA were cool. Ended right before Superman died.

But the first couple years were so good with finally giving Guy Gardner a personality and having him feud with Batman and taking some genuine C list characters and making the best of them.

I hear Max Lord is the villain in the new Supergirl show, but TV DC isn't movie DC.

Edited by Jumbie

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/21/justice-league-logo-and-synopsis-revealed

Official film logo revealed:

justice-league-logo-black-600x400.jpg

Official film synopsis:

Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.

JL is now a stand-alone film - no longer a '2-part epic'.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see it. Then when I see it, I will continue to reserve judgement.

LOL - heyheyhey.gif - it looked like...the CW crossed-over into the Nolan universe. There were moments, where I was like, 'is this for real?' It just feels...wrong. I want to say some things don't translate well to the big-screen, but maybe the Nolan universe is just a bad setting for the Super Friends...no matter how you slice it.

Yeah - it's odd seeing Bruce Wayne / Affleck...complete w/ Bale-voice doing Stark-banter. 'Specially after the tone they set w/ the previous films. This feels like a cinematic-reboot w/ a solid injection of levity - humor is a welcome change/need, but goddamn. It really feels like a different animal...like someone turned on the house-lights and they haven't finished striking the Nolan-set.

Anybody like the costumes? I thought Flash n' Cyborg look like dookie. Flash looks like a Power Ranger from the Ivan Ooze movie and Cyborg looks ripped right out of a CW show. Aquaman looks like he fits in this 'Nolan universe' - he should've been the design-standard. Not saying 'everyone get tats n' go shirtless!' - but in that, his look/design fits the world).

It just all felt...wrong and jarring. Almost as if got too many cooks behind-the-scenes n' are scrambling to 'just do what works'. With the Wonder Woman trailer lookin' like it actually might be kinda great - I bet there's gonna be a string of solo-movies and there's gonna be another Justice League flick (JL: Revisited / Part 2) w/ a full-roster (Superman, Green Lantern) w/ an audience/box-office tested/adjusted tone.

EDIT: In my opinion.

Edited by Little Nemo McFly