Hondo's Bar

That looks delightfully non-shitty. Fingers crossed.

Im with you and feel good about this trailer on the whole. It's got a good vibe to it. I'm even tolerating the flash armor. Cyborg was never a favorite of mine, so I could care less how blah he looked there. I'm pleasantly surprised by that scene with the Flash. I was not thrilled about the casting there, but that interaction with Bruce in the trailer was good. The armored look of Flash is even growing on me.

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see it...

So we'll check back with you and your thoughts on it after it's out on blu-ray then? ;) Edited by Mr. Hakujin

Nah you guys are on the wrong track, there's no Nolanverse here (seriously, forget the fucking Nolanverse. It is a cultural relic and only Haku and people who make Joker memes care anymore.) and no CW either (though their version of Flash is bit off the same thing that this version is.) That trailer, if it is evocative of the film as a whole, is the promise that we've stopped this gritty bullshit and moved on to the best version of the Justice League that has ever existed: The Super Friends the Bruce Timm Justice League. The dark/light tone is perfectly inline with the JLA cartoon and that goes with Batman's serious-yet-goofy demeanor. They've still got some legwork to un-Goyerize (Snyder gets the lion's share of the blame but he's just a tool, Goyer's the real puppetmaster) things and I'm not yet confident in their ability to not make this whole affair a convoluted fucking mess. The CG on Cyborg does indeed look bad but I don't think this is finished footage, I think they rushed it out for comic-con. I have no issue with Flash and have no interest in another insipid debate about a superhero cosutme that's going to look fine in motion anyway. (Iron-Man 3 and Avengers showed me how pointless that is.)

TLDR: I'm too wary of the people involved to give a "this will be great" nod, but it's a massive step in the right direction and if it's evocative of the film of a whole then I'm definitely onboard.

• 3 weeks later...

So, in the episode I just posted I posed the question: Can the DCCU be saved? (without a reboot)

mostly we talked about getting zach snyder out, having geoff really get in there and help shape a direction for it all etc.

I was wondering your guys (and laaaadies) thoughts on said question.

as a GL fan, i have a love/hate thing going with Johns...is he really the dude to do "saving" on a cinematic end, though? i know bendis (rightfully) takes shit on the other end of the pond, but he's written entire books on the difference between comic & movie writing.

So we'll check back with you and your thoughts on it after it's out on blu-ray then? ;)

LOL - yeeeah - this ain't pulling me into the theater and ritualistically throwing money at their BO bottom-line. I'll throw the movie-ticket cash at the bluray - w/ all dem purty extras...if it's good, after I Redbox. I'll - I'll just check back w/ you guys...months after everyone stops caring - and post my review ;)

This (Justice League) already feels like a reboot. It's a far cry from the tone Man of Steel set for the DC universe...or even the Batman that was established in BvS. I kinda wish they stuck w/ their guns and committed to that vision: Ultra-real / heavy themes vs the colorful-fun of Marvel's flicks. I imagined the DC cinematic universe being as 'real' as Watchmen's - maybe not as explicit - LOL...but I liked that DC had the balls to establish something different. But Man of Steel...failed? So, here we are.

I kinda wish they stuck w/ their guns and committed to that vision: Ultra-real / heavy themes vs the colorful-fun of Marvel's flicks. I imagined the DC cinematic universe being as 'real' as Watchmen's - maybe not as explicit - LOL...but I liked that DC had the balls to establish something different. But Man of Steel...failed? So, here we are.

ehhh i keep seeing that narrative about, but it's not the "dark" tone they're going for that's failing - well, okay, i think it's a horrible misfit for superman, but that alone won't hold a good movie back - it's that they're jumping so many steps ahead, i think.

i really don't think we need more origin stories, but would one superman-enjoying-his-job type flick hurt? one where the public actually is inspired by him/etc? leaping ahead to DKR bats would be okay too (we all know how he got there/etc) but if you really want to skip all those steps & have people interested/on board, a) i think that's only working for the core characters (you literally can't do this for aquaman/etc) and b) they'd better be charismatic characters in a well-told story to justify that leap, and for me, i've not seen either of those qualities.

which, again, sucks - the cast feels good, the money's there, the time is right - it's just not coming together. ironically, DC animated reminded me how very much fun can be had in lesser known corners of these respective universes, so my hopes for Suicide Squad went up a bit, but it's sounding like that ended up a mixed bag too.

i guess i can somewhat see this JLA movie being tweaked/adjusted as "reboot" like? but the direction they were on wasn't working, and they're clearly too invested to scrap what they're building. i figure the assumption is they're likely one good movie away from people treating this as an early awkward stage...despite what some of the fanboys think, i really do feel most people want to see this universe work, they're beloved characters.

I totally agree w/ a lot o' dat - MoS 2 is happening - and I gotta admit, I'm excited as hell for it. I gotta feeling there's going to be solid dose of joy, hope n' optimism in that one. Maybe even a color palette - LOL! My entitled ass still wants the Watchmen version of DC, tho...

Oy! No one's posted costume pics yet!

Flash costume comparison...

rs_1024x759-150126143747-1024.The-Flash-3.ms.012615.jpg

flash-costume-justice-league.jpg

flash-justice-league-comic-con-trailer-2.jpg

flash-justice-league-comic-con-trailer.jpg

the-flash-season-2-helmet.jpg

Yeah, Bindy. Definitely a heavy INjustice influence on that Flash costume. TV show costume superior. Film costume inferior.

About the costume, Rumor has it that

there are 2 Flash outfits, and this is Barry's homemade one. He'll be getting a Waynetech designed one later.

Oh sweet Moses, please let this be true and please let the Waynetech armor not have a giant arrow where his cock-n-balls are.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Zack Synder war on comics continues, Jesse Eisenberg to return in justice League

Connie Nielsen’s Queen Hippolyta and Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor will make appearances in “Justice League,” TheWrap has learned.

According to Warner Bros.’ 2017 movie press kit, the studio has confirmed that Nielsen and Eisenberg will be in the upcoming DC Comics movie.

The kit states that Eisenberg will have a featured role in “Justice League,” which means that Lex Luthor will make another appearance. The kit also announced that Queen Hippolyta will be in the film, with Connie Nielson reprising the role from the upcoming “Wonder Woman” stand-alone film.

maxresdefault.jpg

IiFcTFb.gif

They should have gotten The Rock to play Lex. It would have added a whole other dimension to his pathos: smartest man alive also hones himself to a living Adonis through will only to have it count for-not by some alien no human could ever physically compete against; the concept has been explored before and the visual on screen would have been striking... Instead they went for Batman being larger than Superman. Damn you Synder.

• 2 months later...