Hondo's Bar

Tomatometer Reveals need to not become a thing. That's stupid. 

Also, this sucks. The costumes were one of the things I absolutely loved about Wonder Woman, so of course the all-male JL team had to fuck them up entirely. Really starting to feel like I don't wanna give this movie my money...

VLlev3S.jpg

Wonder Woman was a  huge success for Warner Bros. With a gross income of over 800 million dollars worldwide and a final score of 92% on Rotten Tomatoes, it breathed new life into the struggling DC Cinematic Universe. The empowering depiction of the film’s female characters, including the fighting technique and stylized culture of the Amazons, were one of the things fans loved most about the movie.

Which is why Zack Snyder caused an Amazonian uproar on social media when he started sharing pictures of Amazons from Justice League in leather bikinis.

This abrupt change of direction is a shock and these outfits look like generic barbarian women from a game of Dungeons and Dragons. They completely lack the unique flavor of the Greco-Roman-inspired armor ensembles that Lindy Hemming put so much thought and historical research into creating for Wonder Woman. The Wonder Woman designs received acclaim from fans and costume fanatics alike. They were clearly inspired by the Amazon’s origins in the Mediterranean and were feminine but very functional. Why mess with perfection?

Oh, right. The all-male team of directors and executive directors wanted women to fight in bikinis.

SOURCE

Edited by Donutella
edited to add source of article
  • Sad 1

I collect movies.  Got a pretty rounded out 'superhero' section.  The first live-action Justice League!  Historic!  That alone makes it into my collection.

Modern movies make up like, less than a quarter of my collection - (around the late 90s / early 2000s...movies just routinely became disposable - like music) - very rare I blind-purchase a flick...typically, it'd be for 'completionist' sake.  In this case, the seemingly very short lifespan of the first attempted DCCU (ain't taking up a lot of shelf space) - but, I'm not so much of a 'completionist' / 'collector' that I need every sequel of a franchise I love...'specially if it just didn't gel w/ me.

Like - I got every Batman flick - 'cept the 3rd Nolan one.  Every Spidey flick, but none of the 'Amazing' films.  Got all the MCU films, 'cept Ant-Man n' Guardians 2.  If I honestly can't enjoy rewatching a thousand times, not buying.  I almost nabbed 'Homecoming'...I just couldn't.

If anything - the failed big budget attempt to bring the legendary DC universe together on screen for the first time, will be interesting to study.  That's entertaining for me, too...but, I'll be nabbin' that copy when it's on sale.

justiceleague.0.0.jpg

941856.jpg?b64lines=IFlPVSBDQU4gQUNUVUFM

1 hour ago, Newtype said:

Not with a new Pixar movie the same weekend.

That Coco thing isn't getting much good advertising, just generic tv spots. At this point people up here are just calling it a knock-off of The Book of Life. Doesn't even feel like Disney in the trailers.