Hondo's Bar

2012 Game of the Year

Keth

Well it's that time of year again. Which game made it to the top of your must play list for 2012 and what games were close contenders?

My game of the year is hands down The Walking Dead. I'm surprised at how many of y'all slept on this despite it's awesome price point and great reviews, backlogs be damned. This game was just as good, if not better than the book and show. If you haven't played it yet, then get on it cause it is just great.

Honorable mentions for me would be Borderlands 2, Darksiders 2 and The Darkness 2 (year of the sequel!)

Edited by axel_napalm

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say Skyrim IF

- It came out in 2012

- The game was GOOD unmodded

So my vote for GOTY 2012 is.........Torchlight 2.

And I just want to say..."The Walking Dead video game is as good, if not better than the book and the show." The show, sure, it is much better than that. But nothing beats the book. It does a damn good job of recreating the feel you get when reading the series, but I would vehemently disagree that it is as good as or better than the book. Still a damn fine game, and much better than I expected. I still need to play 3-5, after played the first 2 episodes I figured I should wait for them all to come out so I can do it in one sitting.

the only 2012 release I've picked up was Mass Effect 3, so that, by default.

ibjesuNNxtU0qy.gif

post patch it really wasn't that bad, ending's still messy but it did have some of my favorite areas from the entire series

i worked through more backlog and handheld stuff than anything this year, so even stuff i loved like Kenzan, Zelda Minish Cap and Prime 2 are pretty dated. i loved my time with Theaterhythm and Mario Land 3D, i dont know that either would be GOTY though.

i just borrowed Virtue's Last Reward, downloaded episode 1 of Walking Dead (axel and others have loved it so), ive already got 4 games piled up for this WU, so it's a tough call for me right now despite the year being a lotta lackluster releases for me. also Yakuza 5 is about to hit japan and the demo has been one of my favorite things right now, even without, you know, understanding shit.

i'll come back to this.

If skyrim came out this year I would say that despite 74829476582 bugs n ps3 prejudice.

But gotta be Borderlands 2. Totally diablo with guns.

But halo or mass effect will beat it out next year most likely.

Wait ...this thread should def be a poll.

I'd vote for ET for Atari 2600

I was gonna put a poll on here, but something always gets left out. I wouldn't have thought to put Spec Ops, or Torchlight 2 on there. And like others have said, it's been a weird year for games. Alot of big name titles and hardly any of those are getting a GOTY mention (Resident Evil 6 was no milestone).

Prototype 2 would also go on my top ten list for the year. I had a blast with that game.

Edited by axel_napalm

but you can't play it from a controller on your couch, and also i don't have $9000 for a new PC that needs to update video drivers every 10 minutes guy

Nope just $9000 for the 10 xbox's that red ringed that had to be replaced, plus driver updates are automatic, just like updates on the 360 an ps3!!! /pwned

Just want to say Spec Ops was a lot better than I thought it would be. Some pretty graphic stuff going on, very psychological.