Hondo's Bar

Hondies 2012

Panch

trophy.jpg

That time again.

I'm putting the finishing touches on the awards and wanted to let everyone know we're close. Just needed some help with Best Thread (obvious) and Best Original Art (paint, freehand and whatnot). Please help by either posting here or send through message.

Was also thinking of having a Best Meme nom, but maybe that can go with Best Original Art? Let me know if you like it or if I should drop it.

I think best art and meme should go together. Between ASC's awesome t-shirt designs and Baytor's recent epic plunge into paintshopping there is good stuff on both ends, but I dont know if there is enough on both ends.. if that makes sense.

Also I wanna nominate ASC's Redbubble Requests for Best Thread.

it's not a big deal, as long as they're done. not trying to be harsh here but i want to be clear on this.

ya'll dropped the ball a few years there with the banners, fortunately we stepped it back up last year and roped dante into some quality ones.

now that our first 10 years are behind us, we're gonna do some things right. if there's no actual awards, there's no need for a ceremony that year is all.

axels - i see what you're saying @ there not being so many members with art, but we can prolly tie in outside stuff like logan's roasts (those were kinda within the time frame, no?), obviously your paint efforts, dramatic readings, etc. i'm not sure if there's enough to warrant an entire separate bracket for memes but that'd be panch's call. we're talking just memes here on the board, not ones brought in from outside, yeah?

The awards are tradition. While the banners are too, we're not NOT gonna have an awards if there is no banners.

As far as the meme award goes. Here are the possibilities:

Best Original Art

and or

Best Meme

or just

Best Original Art or Meme

again, art i could totally see, memes i would think depends on your terms & number of selections. that's not to say an award couldn't only have a few relevant choices though.

The awards are tradition. While the banners are too, we're not NOT gonna have an awards if there is no banners.

I am explicitly telling you otherwise: without banners (actual awards), there's no ceremony. do not head one if you don't have the other handled.

This went into effect last year, should've been long before but there it is.

What do you mean by ceremony? Like that ghetto thing we had in your living room last year? Yeah, I'm not having that. I'm just gonna do what I've always done for years. Make polls and have people vote. The threads alone are always stuff of legend. The banners always get made at the end by some awesome volunteer. What are you talking about, man?

no, i wouldn't expect you to put something together like i did.

i mean what i've said for four posts now, quoting the rules:

however, in the years that follow, the ceremony's gonna need admin approval to prevent half-assery, regarding details like making sure the dates should line up, and if the host isnt providing award banners, they've secured someone artistic to do so. i'd honestly rather we skip a year if no one's ready than rush them out and have people not excited for the event.

assuming someone will pick up the slack later doesn't cut it, as we've had numerous years without banners at all.