Hondo's Bar

Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain

The NZA

...so who else besides bishopcruz is balls-deep in this one?

i'm trying to avoid cutscenes (doesn't seem like there's many this time), looks a lot more open-worldy and following Peace Maker in the base-building/etc stuff. still not sure i'll cotton to Sutherland's non-Hayter voice but again, there doesn't seem to be much of it going on so far.

I keep hearing it's more fun to play than the usual MGS, but that traversing the world can get tiring. really hoping plot stuff picks up somewhere too...looking to dive in maybe next week when bish is done.

Nope. Between ditching Hayter dirty, $40 prologue, altering box art, Castlevania erotica pachinko and cancelling Silent Hills, I'm bitter with Kojima and fucking done with Konami. Breaks my heart cause ive been a fan since the original on NES, but i just cant. I've already read all the plot spoilers so my curiosity wouldnt overcome my resolve, so whenever you guys want to discuss the bullshit

plot twist

that takes a dump on the mythos, I'll be waiting.

Edited by C_U_SPACECOWBOY
  • Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

Oh hey guys, David Hayter is back just like we wanted! In a trivial comeback used to shill cars!

Also I gotta call to attention that there are four, fucking FOUR thread about Metal Gear Solid 5. One of them is even about Metal Gear Solid: Peace Wlaker, but it's labeled as the 5th one. I'm not merging those, and I have no real problem with it, I just thought it was noteworthy.

4 was the other reason - it's the king of experiences that got worse the further i got from them & thought about it. i really hated how it shat all over 3 (series peak, for me) and was super verbose while telling a mess of a story - i know Kojima wanted to tie up like everything from the last few decades, but he'd made all these little retcons & such, and it came together with a reunion that didn't really make sense, and a wedding no one wanted to see. it was painful - and i big boss emblem'd it.