Hondo's Bar

Yu Yu Hakusho

Benz

Well, I just got a DVD player, and I also got my first anime DVD: Yu Yu Hakusho. It's on Cartoon Network Saturdays at 11PM. I like the series. The main character dies in the first episode, but hey, it's still cool. He becomes a ghost, and sees what people really think of him... and I won't ruin too much... yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Well, I've got the first 17 DVDs. #18's due out in 2 weeks. The story's great. Maybe IC and Spiffy and Chihiro, and everyone can get together sometime and watch a few and see if yas like it, and if you do, then we can make it a weekly thing perhaps? What do you guys think?

Hmm..i remember seein a bit of it a while back & thinkin it was fun, anime club played it right after Flames of Recca (another DBZ type one i think youd enjoy).

As for Spiffy & Chi-chan, i cant garuntee theyll see this, give a call over & ask if ya get a chance.

• 11 months later...

Definitely when I get back we'll have to see it. By then, I should have the whole series. I almost have all of it right now. It'll take a few days to watch all of it, because there's almost 120 Episodes. 120 x 20 = 2400 / 60 = about 40 hours.

• 1 month later...

I wasn't too much of a fan of it until later in the episodes after his training and the arena fights. Think because it was too slow paced and the animation wasn't much of my style at first. But I regret it because then I didnt fully understand the story. So if you going have a marathon, keep it posed ^^

• 2 years later...

I love Yu Yu Hakusho soooo much!! I have all the 19 tpbs, and the art is just GREAT!! Especially in the Bajutsukai arc. But still, I keep thinking that the end was a big disappointment for me. It looks like Togashi didn't want to make the series no more, and in 2 tpbs ended it.

The best characthers are Kuwabara and Hiei!! :mad:

1543013675_e7832815cf_o.jpg

Edited by Boogie

• 3 weeks later...

I personally preferred Kurama to Kuwabara, I mean he managed to be a badass whilst wearing a pink jumpsuit and sporting long flowing hair.

I felt the series kinda nose-dived after the tounrament of shadows or whatever, it just didn't hold my attention after that. Much like with Ruroni Kenshin after the Kyoto arc.

I felt the series kinda nose-dived after the tounrament of shadows or whatever, it just didn't hold my attention after that. Much like with Ruroni Kenshin after the Kyoto arc.

Agreed. It just wasn't as good as the tournament. Kenshin was much the same; though it had it moments after the Shishio arc, it wasn't near as good.

ps. Why is this thread NSFW?

Because some stupid fucker is putting NSFW like its the end of the world...

Are we talking of the anime of Ruroken? Because I love Rurouni kenshin, but i never watched it. I read the comic (that is 100 times better). And as far as the Shishio saga against the Enishi/revenge saga, its true. My love goes for Shishio. BUT, you have to admit that the Enishi saga has GREAT moments. Like:

-All the long flashback with Kenshin as Battousai, and Tomoe.

-The fight between Saitou - Mumyoi Yatsume.

-The death of Kaoru

-The 2 fights with Enishi

Back on topic, I agree. Yu yu lost his charming after the Bajutsukai. Like I said, the end was very poor...