Hondo's Bar

Kiefer Sutherland Says the '24' Movie Will Shoot Next Summer

Sutherland says the script is ready to go right after the second season of 'Touch.'

Last time we spoke to Kiefer Sutherland he thought he’d be shooting the 24 movie by now. When “Touch” premiered in January, he believed the script was ready to shoot in the summer. Then it got delayed for the second time. At the Fox party for the Television Critics Association this summer, Sutherland explained why they didn’t make it into production, but there’s no need to worry.

“Timing,” Sutherland said. “We didn’t have a script ready for that until very close to the end of ‘Touch.’ We knew we were coming back so there was a very finite window for me to make the film, to try to prep it, cast it and all of those other things. It was just unrealistic for Fox to try and make it, so they pushed it for next break.”

So to confirm, that means the script is now ready to shoot next time he’s available when “Touch” wraps its second season, right? “I believe so, yeah.”

The series finale of “24” left Jack Bauer fleeing the U.S. for his violent actions in the name of preventing terrorism. That was May 2010. If they shoot the movie in 2013 and it’s out in 2014, that’s four years since we last saw Jack. Sutherland is not worried about waiting too long.

“No, because I think we can make a great film. I mean, I don’t want to do it with a cane, but we’ll see. We’ll see what happens.”

CraveOnline will be back with more 24 news as soon as Chloe can patch us into the comm.

Link